Monday 14 April 2014

Too tall for a photo booth...!

giraffe birthday
Hey!

Happy Monday! It's the first morning of the Easter break so I've had a lovely start to the week with a lazy morning, stamping in my PJs and then a quick lunch date with the guy (who's still at work this week!) This morning's project I created was this fun, cute birthday card with some Top Dog Dies and Clearly Besotted Stamps goodies. :)

giraffe birthday close up2

I think whenever it comes to creating cards with cute critters the addition of googly eyes is almost a must! I love how they can bring a character to life. :)

giraffe birthday close up

I used the new Top Dog Dies Camera Finishes Die Set to create this giraffe who is slightly too tall to fit into one picture in a photo booth LOL! I hope one day to use this same die with real photographs to create a fun, personal project but until then, stamped images will suffice. :)
  

tips and tricks
  • I lined up each section of the photo mats together and stamped the giraffe in one go, capturing a piece of him on every square.
  • To achieve the background in each square, I created a mask of the giraffe and sponged Distress Inks over the top. The bottom is simply created by placing a straight-edged piece of paper across the bottom to mask the ground/sky. 
  • The main panel of white card in the centre looked a little plain so I lightly stamped a ledger background in the same blue ink I used to sponge the sky behind the giraffe. It makes such a difference!
Right, it might be the first days of the holiday but I've gotta scoot! Picking up my guy from band practice, then off to a gym induction. No rest for the wicked, eh? *wink*

I know I always say it, but thank you *so* much for you visits. Every single one is appreciated! ♥

Signature2


Products Used

11 comments:

aaga said...

So fun! I've adhered 10 googly eyes yesterday to bunnies. ;-)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Just too fun, cute and gorgeous Aimes xx

Kara said...

how sweet! love him and the colors!

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, how cute! Love that giraffe and the way you featured it. Great use of sequins, too!

Jen Cramer said...

Love your card colors and the cute giraffe. Thanks for the tip on how to piece the inside photo shapes together and then stamp the image. How clever!

WhoMom said...

Adorable, fun and now I'm going to go add googly eyes to the owls I just finished! Love this giraffe.

Lynn said...

I love those googly eyes on that giraffe! Adorable and sounds like the perfect start to your holiday week!

Vanessa said...

This is so cute!! Love how you used the image with the die!

Joy said...

Aww Aimes this is just way too cute, hugs

Caryn said...

Awesome - love it!!!!

Maureen said...

this couldn't be any more adorable, Duchess…unless you were in the photos :) The added details of ledger lines, twine, sequins make this one stunning card. I'm just going to have to CASE some of these west details :) I hope your Easter week has been restful and fun! ox

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.