Friday 4 April 2014

Party Time!

Party Time
Hey!

Woop woop! Happy Friday, peeps! The weekend is HERE! (Well, after a few hours of work anyway!) :)

Today I'm partying on with more Clearly Besotted Stamps sneaky peeks. All new products will be available for purchase from Saturday 5th April at 21:00 GMT.

Party Time Close Up

Today's card features two new stamp sets: Time to Celebrate and Time to Celebrate Additions. I had a good play with some new goodies too in the form of Distress Inks, embossing paste and a Tim Holtz stencil. :)

tips and tricks

  • There's no rule that you have to use the hole in the top of a die tag. Here I simply used twine and a peg to secure my sentiment rather than thread it through the top hole.
  • I placed my stencil so that the rays emit from the tag. This helps the background direct the eyes to the tag.
  • To add texture to my tag, I simply splattered water and water mixed with gold Perfect Pearls over my Distress inked tag. I then carried on the splatter theme using the same technique on the background with gold Perfect Pearls mixed with water.

Pop across to Stephanie's for more sneak peeks from the DT - you won't leave disappointed! :)

Before I leave to kick off the weekend, just another tiny reminder to ask you to vote for me if you like what you see here as this blogeroo has been shortlisted in a competition to find the UK's best arts and crafts blog. Any vote is really appreciated! :)

Thank you so much for popping by today. I hope you all have a great start to the weekend!

Signature2


Products Used
New CBS products will be added to the list once they are available for purchase. :)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Scrummy card Aimes! Love the idea of that little peg to hold the twine! xxx

Caryn said...

Aargh - it's fabulous! Check you out getting all grungy in your old age, lol!!!!

Michelle Short said...

This is absolutely stunning Aimes xx

Lynn said...

Oh you are rocking those distress inks and the stenciling is gorgeous! Lots of work but still CAS!

loulou said...

Fantastic card. I love the texture the stencilled paste and the ink splatters create.

Susan said...

Schamazing Aimes - you ALWAYS think outside the box - it's fab xx

Mandy said...

This card is absolutely fabulous Aimes xx

cm said...

Fabulous and gorgeous; you've worked magic with the CB new release!! Love the 'no rules' on the holes of the tag tip!
c

Katie Ann Brooks said...

LOVIng the texture in the background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Ack! Fabulous Aimes!

Maye M.L said...

Grand card Aimes!

Anonymous said...

awesome as always

sandie said...

I am so buying this clock set, just looked it up, then read it is tonight it is released, must remember tomorrow!!
I do love how you use these pegs and yes, mine are still unused!!

Craftyfield said...

Simply beautiful and stylish!

Hamutal Shafrir said...

Gorgeous design!

Amy Rohl said...

Aack, this is so gorgeous, Amy!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.