Monday 7 April 2014

Authentique Paper & Top Dog Dies Team Up...

HB2U
Hey!

Happy Monday! It's the start of another working week (the last one for me before the Easter holidays!) and it's also time for another Top Dog Dies project and this week we're teaming up with Authentique Paper!


This isn't your typical blog hop, but one that's lasting all week! Be sure to pop across the the Authentique blog and Facebook page every day this week for fabulous projects featuing the perfect pairing of Authentique papers and Top Dog Dies dies. In fact, tell 'em that Top Dog Dies sent ya and enter yourself into a special giveaway of an Authentique Prize Pack!

For my part in this project inspiration blog hop I've whipped up two projects. Authentique were kind enough to send us, the Top Dog Dies DT, scrummy papers to work with the form of the Anchored 6x6 paper pad and the Classique: Elegant 12x12 collection kit.

HB2U Close Up

My first card today features elements from the Classique: Elegant collection combined with the two sweet butterflies from the Top Dog Dies Butterfly Finishers Die Set as well as the Top Dog Dies Vintage Alphabet Die to create my sentiment.

    tips and tricks
  • I entered today's date on the date tab because this card is having to my SIL in who celebrates her birthday today! You could always leave this blank or use a stamp to stamp the word 'today' if you're not sure who to send it to, or you're not happy handwriting on it!
  • I dug deep in my office supplies to find this mini bulldog clip. It suits the style of the card and makes a fun embellishment. :) 
  • I didn't own a number die in the same, vintage style so completely mixed things up by using a Memory Box die. Instead of trying to make it match the vintage style I gave it even more contrast & purpose by using the negative shape of the die cut.


Bon Voyage

For my second project I used papers from the Anchored paper pad along with the new Top Dog Dies Mini Tags Die Set. I love how sweet and tiny these tags are! :)

Bon Voyage Close Up
    tips and tricks
  • The main panel of things card is built from three different 6x6 papers. The ship was cut from one design and placed on the map paper, and I fussy-cut the waves from another sheet. 
  • The tags were cut from the small border you very at the top of every sheet of paper in the pack. This coordinates perfectly with all of the papers used.
  • I rounded the top corners of the main panel to echo the round scallops of the waves. :)
Keep up to date with latest Authentique inspiration and prizes via their blog and Facebook. Also be sure to swing by the Top Dog Dies blog too because there's an amazing giveaway in which one lucky peep can win $50 worth of dies - enter here! In keeping with offers and prizes, Top Dog Dies are also having a special offer of 10% off $60 purchases or 15% off any purchases of $100!

As always, thank you so very much for stopping by today and thank you all so much for your votes in the competition to find the UK's best arts and crafts blog. Still can't believe this blog has been shortlisted in such a competition! Thanks so much for your votes - voting ends this Friday is if you like what you see here and haven't voted yet, then there's still time to vote here! ;)

That's all from me today. I need to get this birthday card delivered to my SIL!

Signature2

2 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

gorgeous cards Aimes ... love your style x

Maureen said...

Duchess! I've been a terrible blog buddy! I've been seeing all your beautiful cards, but not commenting! Will rectify that soon! Second semester ends on the 26th so just plowing through papers…miss you! ox

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.