Wednesday 2 April 2014

A technique crazy card...

Happy Mother's Day
Hey!

Are you ready for it? It's the 2nd of the month so let the sneaky peeks commence of a fabulous new Clearly Besotted Stamps release! There are seven new stamp sets and four coordinating die collections being released on Saturday 5th April at 21:00 (GMT) and we're giving you some sneaky peeks in the meantime. :)

Today's card is the card that I gave to my mum for Mother's Day (here in the UK we celebrated it last Sunday). It features what I think could be my favourite set of the release, Fresh Flowers. Cue beautiful flowers and sentiments in an oh-so-gorgeous-font. It's love at first stamp!

I went a little technique crazy with this card - I think I must have been channelling my inner Debby Hughes with it. The flower was stamped and embossed on to vellum and coloured on the reverse side with pencil crayons (no fancy supplies here - just your regular pencil crayons). It was then smothered in a clear Wink of Stella pen for pretty sparkles. :)

Happy Mother's Day Close Up

The background of the card is a combination of Distress Ink splattering and stencilling with transparent embossing paste. My picture doesn't pick it up too well, but here's a close up in the hope you can see some of this texture. :)

tips and tricks
  • A clean and simple design can still have plenty of texture. Here we've got splashes of colour, melted embossing powder, bumpy embossing paste and floaty vellum - yet the design still retains a clean feel to it. 
  • I've fallen for my Distress Inks big time. Here I've simply tapped a Spun Sugar pad on an acyrlic block and added water with a paintbrush before splattering it on to the card. If you're a little bit of a splatter-phobe and perfectionist when it comes to using Distress Inks in this way, then you can add larger dots of colour to balance a design by gently painting them directly on the card with a paintbrush.
  • The strip of sparkly material and vellum at the bottom of the card help to ground the flower and design. I like that the vellum adds another layer of texture to the card and coordinates with the vellum used on the flower.
Wanna see more of the new CBS release? Then pop across to Stephanie's where there's plenty more peeks to be had courtesy of the rest of the DT as well as our guesties this month, Laurie Willison (love that girl, she's the sweetest and so talented!) and a fellow fan of CAS-tastic stamper, Tracey McNeely!

I'm going to use pester power on my posts this week, so feel free to skip this paragraph. Before you leave, I'd really appreciate it if you could vote for this blogeroo if you like what you see here as it's been shortlisted in a competition to find the best UK arts and crafts blogs. OK. Pestering over...for now LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Signature2


Products Used
New CBS products will be added to the list once they are available for purchase. :)

32 comments:

Caryn said...

OMG it's gorgeous - wish I could've seen it in real life - I guess it was important that your mum have it on Mother's Day though, lol!

Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Aimes, beautiful colour. Love all the techniques you have used xx

Sarah said...

love your card and of course i voted.x

Lynn said...

Um hello...jaw dropping technique card. Aimes this is absolutely gorgeous. Your mum could frame it! xx

Susie Sugar said...

Simply gorgeous ...like a breath of fresh air
Hugs Susie x

Anonymous said...

Madly in love with this card, Aimes!

loulou said...

Totally gorgeous. Such a beautiful technique (can see some fantastic feminine Debby channelling).

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful Card

Craftyfield said...

Pencils and vellum... great technique for a gorgeous card!

Betty said...

such a beautiful card - am sure mom loved it!!

cm said...

A gorgeous, elegant card, Aimes. I know your mom loved it, as do I!
c

Stephanie said...

Okay, seriously - my heart stopped for so long upon seeing this beauty that I thought a trip to A&E may be in order....I have nothing more to add!! xoxo

Carola said...

Wow, Aimes, that's an absolutely gorgeous card. This flower is so very beautiful and your colouring from the backside looks just great. The soft shades are perfect for this flower.
I have never done this kind of colouring before but I will certainly once give it a try. And thanks for the tips with the distress ink splatters, that's something I also have never tried before. But those splatters really look very good in the background.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh WOW - this is so elegant and beautiful. Just perfect for those mums. x

Jane said...

A real beauty, love it!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love all the detail - I'm a sucker for splatter!

Laurie said...

xoxox! Your card is GORGEOUS!! Those flowers are so pretty and I love the sparkle and the splatter! ;)

Isha Gupta said...

Pretty card Aimes!!

Sharon said...

Lovely card.

Mandy said...

Absolutely stunning Aimes, loving all the detail. xx

Carole said...

Lovely card x

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said.....
Very pretty card Aimes. Cant believe you colored the flower with pencils, it looks gorgeous, and I love the splatter.

Victoria H. said...

Oh what a truly gorgeous card! I love the soft texture and colors you have here and those flowers are just stunning.

Judith said...

What a beauty!

~amy~ said...

gasp!
This is gorgeous...love everything about it!

Debbie said...

Wow, simply stunning and pure elegance.Hugs x

Tracey McNeely said...

Amy I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE this card, everything about it--gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Stunning.

Wida said...

Lovely. The work on this card has paid off!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful beautiful card, Amy!!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is absolutely stunning! Every last detail is perfect. Can't wait to get that stamp!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.