Saturday 5 April 2014

A Dimensional Daffodil...

Happy Easter
Hey!

Happy Saturday! Happy weekend! Happy Clearly Besotted Stamps release day!

Yup, the new release of CBS goodies is now available for your viewing pleasure and available to purchase from 21:00 GMT tonight!

Happy Easter Close Up

For my final, sneaky peeky project I've been busy with the Pretty Petals Plus Die Collection as well as the simply swoon-worthy sentiments from Fresh Flowers. I'm no botanist, but I do know a daffodil when I see one (or many as the case would be right now!) So I tried my hand at creating my own daffodil with dimension using just one die from the set.

tips and tricks
  • I created the daffodil by die cutting the flower shape twice. I then cut into the petals of one flower and folded them up towards the centre before attaching it to the other die cut shape.
  • For a touch more dimension with sparkle and gloss, I stamped the centre of the daffodil separately; covered it with a clear Wink of Stella pen and Glossy Accents before placing it in the centre of the flower.
  • I added even more detail to the flower by using my Distress Inks as a paint. I simply tapped the pad on to an acrylic block and added water to create a watercolor-style paint.
If you haven't already, be sure to check out this month's release and fabulous inspiration at Stephanie's with links to more gorgeous projects from the rest of the DT.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a super weekend! :D

Signature2



Products Used
New CBS products will be added to the list once they are available for purchase. :)

20 comments:

Debbie said...

This is beautiful.Love the dimensional daffodil.Hugs Debbie x

Michelle Short said...

Oh my goodness Aimes! This is so beautiful! You are so clever to think to make the die cut into a daffodil! xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Amazing 3d make aimes. Arghhh decision time! Thanks for all your fabulous inspiration. Xx

Jane said...

Love the dimension on this card. Great idea, thanks for all your inspiring cards - now I just need to finalise my shopping list!

loulou said...

Beautiful card. Blue and yellow are always gorgeous together. I love your dimension daffodil.

Lynn said...

Oh la la...I spy that linen impression plate and the dimension on your card is fabulous. Love the fonts on the sentiment.

cm said...

Wow, Aimes - stunning card, and so perfect for Easter! Gorgeous showcase of the new release;you've worked magic once again!
c

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors and the pretty flower!!

Lin said...

Just adore your card, Aimes! Looks like a daffodil to me, and I'm starved here in winter land for such a pretty!

Kara said...

gorgeous flower!

Jessica Yoder said...

Really great card!! Can't wait for release day!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your design, definitely a daffodil! Thank you for making me feel so welcome this month!

Lucy Abrams said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aimes. X

Eileen L. said...

Oh what a gorgeous daffodil, eye popping.

Joni Andaya said...

Very CUTE Aimes!!!

McStamper said...

What a pretty design.

Jean Bullock said...

This is darling. I love the 3D effect you created. Looks great.

Wida said...

This is perfect for spring. I love the whole thing.

Leni said...

Beautiful! I love it, perfect for Easter!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.