Hurrah for Friday! Oh how I love thee! :D
I'm feeling the love for Friday, the love for the weekend, and the love for a brand new Clearly Besotted Stamps challenge!
This month's challenge has a love theme. If you managed to get your inky mitts on the new release, you've probably got some lovey-dovey stamps just waiting to be inked up for this. If you haven't, it's no biggie as you only need to use one CBS product to enter! :)
For this challenge I decided to have a little fun with the set Post It: Love. (Pssst comment on this post by 23.59pm GMT tonight for a chance to win this set with it's coordinating die!). When I designed this set, I had visions of trying to create my own seal for an envelope. It's taken this long to try, but I'm glad I did!
If you're interested, this is how I went about doing it:
- Stamp the reverse side of the same stamp shape (see step 5 to see why!) in red ink on the closed envelope
- Ink up the reverse side of the stamp again in clear ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.
- Repeat step two
- Before repeating step two again (you're triple embossing btw!) - ink up the the correct side of the stamp you want to use with clear ink and have the Perfect Pearls on hand!
- Repeat step two (see why you're using different stamp that's the same shape - you can't ink the reverse and front of a stamp at the same time!)
- Immediately after the third layer of embossing, press the inked stamp into the melted powder and let it sit until cooled - a few seconds should do the trick.
- Dust Perfect Pearls onto the design and it should highlight the stamped design. :)
- If you use ultra-thick embossing enamel (UTEE) instead of your regular embossing power then you may only need a couple of embossing layers, or even just one!
- It sounds obvious, but make sure you have your card inside your envie before you do this LOL! Oh, and make sure it's a card without too much dimension, i.e flat, so it's easier to stamp on the envie once it's tucked inside.
- I used a mini envie for this project - it measures 6cm x 7cm.