Monday, 4 November 2013

Trees: bunting in disguise...

Season's Greetings
Hey!

*Brrrr!* Happy Monday! It's as happy as it gets when the temperature drops rapidly and it's a matter of having to de-ice the car for the first day back at work. Better get used to it: November is here and so is winter is seems!

But let me jump quickly back to October. October 31st to be exact when, if you follow my ramblings regularly, you'd have been expecting to see a CASE Study creation. Sorry it's late, but better late then never, eh? :)

Oh how could I resist not inking along with Elena's gorgeous little set up:


Check out the original post of this adorable tea party here.

I was smitten with the banner and inked up my Modern Christmas set with a view to turning some trees into bunting. I simply stamped them out and trimmed the triangles to a smaller size. Easy! :D

tips and tricks
  • If you're finding it too fiddly to tie bows at the end of a piece of twine that has to be a certain length, don't be afraid to tie your bows separately and adhere them to a strip of twine placed on the bunting after.
  • Glossy Accents are my hero when it comes to getting twine to sit nicely and behave on a project. Just a few dots in the right places secures the twines perfectly.
  • Don't have any tree/triangle stamps? Why not use a larger background stamp and cut triangles from it to create your own bunting?
I know my card is late, but there's still time to ink along with us! C'mon, be inspired by Elena's tea party. It's her last week with us as our CASE Study muse and it'd be rude not to join in the fun, right?! *wink*

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CASE Study DT whipped up on time for this week's challenge. I promise you that you'll be inspired!

Signature2
Products Used

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love your subtle texture and distressing.

Carole x said...

Lovely card x

~amy~ said...

Super LOVE

Maureen said...

Oh, that distressing and the banners are making this Diva smile, Duchess :) I always think "party!" Sounds like it's time for the red mittens to come out of summer storage! ox

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.