Happy Wednesday! Can't quite believe that it's Wednesday already...I do love a Bank Holiday, but it's makin' my week off zoom by before my very eyes!
Today's card is not one I've created recently. In fact, I'd give anything to go get inky as it's been about 2 weeks since the stamps have seen the ink. Instead, today's card is one that I shared on my Featured Artist post on Paper Crafter's Library.
Whenever I play with vellum I find myself saying "Why don't I play with this stuff more often?" I love how deceivingly delicate it looks, whilst it's a material that can really take a beating. I decided to stamp and emboss on this piece of vellum and colour that stunning water lily with some basic pencil crayons (no fancy schmancy pencil crayons - I don't own any...yet!)
- Try not to handle vellum too much before heat embossing on it. It increases the chances of stray powder sticking where you don't want it.
- For a more subtle effect, colour on the reverse side of the vellum.
- When using an adhesive with vellum I like to apply a dry one sparingly under the more intensely coloured areas of the vellum to prevent it showing through.
Right then, it' already Wednesday so I've gotta get movin' if I'm to tackle any of my to do list during my week off! But before I dash, I have some news for you Clearly Besotted Stamps fans AND Uniko Studio Fans:
- A selection of Clearly Besotted Stamps goodies are now available at Simon Says Stamp! Brilliant news for you US peeps who want to get your hands on the goodies quickly. You may also find a few sets that are out of stock on the CBS store available over there too....*wink*
- Uniko Studio made last Saturday a 'Free Saturday' which means that this gorgeous digi set is up for grabs, for free!