Thursday, 23 May 2013

One card, three stamp sets!

Birthday Orchid
Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve, peeps! Before I start babbling about today's card, can I just express my sincerest thanks to you all over my Moxie Fab news. I was really touched to see such lovely words from you all, both here and on Moxie Fab World too. You sure know how to make a gal blush....*blush*!

But enough of the gushing and blushing, let's get this show on the road with a new CASE Study from our fabulous muse, Maile Belles!

Now my technology is having a hissy fit experiencing some technical glitches so please head on over to the CASE Study blog to check out the beauty of a card from Maile that's ready for us to CASE. Or you can check out the original post of Maile's card here. :)

My take on this week's CASE Study was inspired by Maile's beautiful pink flower and the technique of painting. Maile painted with Glimmer Mist (something I've just got to try out at some point!) whereas I went for good ol' fashioned watercolours.

tips and tricks
  • When painting with watercolours, it's much easier to add more than take away. Start light and gradually add more colour. Wait until the paint is dry and then add any intricate details after.
  • Add a slight shadow to elements to make them appear more 3D. I simply used a very light grey marker at the base of my vase to give it a shadow.
  • To make the orchids appear like they're actually in the vase and not behind it, I marked on my die cut vase where the stem met the vase and cut a little notch out. It's a tiny touch, but makes quite a difference!
Please be sure to take a sneaky peek at what the rest of the CASE Study DT created - they never cease to amaze me with their talent!

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Erin Schulte (Guest DT)
Andrea Ewen

Clare Buswell 
Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Teneale Williams

Maile Belles (May's Muse)

Here's hoping that you can play along with us this week! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by this little corner of Blogland today and have a great weekend! My weekend is the start of a week's holiday - hoooray!

Signature2





Products Used




9 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a soft and elegant card Aimes. I love the great and pink combo

Maureen said...

oh, Duchess...soft and pretty! What beautiful water colours. I had the set and die out too for this challenge and glad I didn't use it as it wouldn't be able to stand up to this beauty :) Hope things at work are calming down soon. Darn day job! LOL ox

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Love this! That orchid stamp is just stunning & your painting is lovely

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

So beautiful Aimes! Love those soft, pretty watercoloured flowers!

Debby said...

Oh my gorgeousness!

Christine D said...

oh that is just beautiful, awesome job.

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty,love the soft colors!!!

Elaine said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Jenny said...

Stunning card Aimes, amazing skill with the watercolours :0)
Jenny x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.