Thursday, 4 April 2013

♥ YOU

Love YOU
Hey!

Well that was a slightly longer than anticipated break away from the blogeroo (and Blogland in general). It's been a lovely and busy Easter for us these past few days (I think we have enough chocolate to last us until Christmas!) but now it's back to business. Crafty business that is!

So cue another CASE Study to celebrate Friday-Eve (Really? Friday-Eve already?! Where are my two weeks off disappearing to?!). However, it's a new month so this means we've got a new muse on board with us to admire and CASE away. I'm beyond psyched that our muse this month is from die-cutting dynasty, and is none other than the JJ Bolton!

So feast your studying eyes on this beauty of hers up for CASEing this week:


Check out the original post of this card here.

I was totally blown away by JJ's technique of stamping on die cut letters and matching them seamlessly with a stamped background. Amazing! For my card I used a brand new CBS set, 'Love Hearts' and if you look closely, you'll see that my die cut letters have been stamped with the heart in a light grey ink to match the pink heart I stamped in the background.

I was also taken by JJ's sweet use of ribbon around the corners of her card and as a nod to that, I incorporated some fun twine into my design.

I'm also going to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes Challenge. :) 
tips and tricks
  • When using a fun, striped paper, consider which way you want the stripes to be running on your design. I opted to have my stripes running upwards - the same direction as my twine. Simply rotate the paper 90 degrees to have those stripes pointing downwards. 
  • It's near impossible to tie twine around the corner of a card without it moving and falling off! An easy way is to first secure a strip with glue on the reverse. Then thread a new piece of twine through the first and tie into a bow. 
  • Good things come in threes and it's the same when it comes to design. I've incorporated three pops of pink for balance as well as three gemstones to frame my focal point.
Fancy joining in the fun? Well why not check out the rest of the CASE Study DT? And let's welcome aboard Anya Schrier as our Guest Designer too!

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Anya Schrier (Guest DT)
Andrea Ewen

Clare Buswell 
Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Teneale Williams

JJ Bolton (April's Muse) 

I really hope you can play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :) 

Signature2






Products Used




15 comments:

sandie said...

Love the pink with grey and fab design tips x

Jenny said...

I just love how you use neutrals on your cards Aimes, this is beautiful and so simple :0)
Jenny x

Stephanie said...

Perfection. That is all.

Stephanie said...

Oh & FYI - I'll be putting twine on every corner of my cards from now on! x

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Love this pretty beauty Aimes!! Just perfect in every way! Great tip on the twine too!!

Brandi said...

Wow! This is super cute!

Lynn said...

I love how your design ties the stripes together..the twine, patterned paper together are fabulous.

Tracey said...

Love love love this card!!! The soft colours are so pretty!! Just gorgeous!!

Michelle said...

Oh, I love this card, Aimes! Beautiful! Love the dots, stripes, and twine. Fabulous!

Lindsay said...

What a fab card Aimes! I love the colors!

Emma said...

Hiya Aimes, unashamedly lax in my homage to your greatness sorry. As always sublime sophisticated simplicity. Thanks so much too for the beautiful card you sent, it has gone straight into my special corner :)

Elaine said...

Oh my! Love. This is the card I wish I could design.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the twine!

Ida said...

Super fun and cute.

JJ Bolton said...

A vision of sweetness in paper:) I absolutely love the pink and gray combo! So soft and pretty!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.