Monday 29 April 2013

Trendy Feathers....

Feather Thank You

Hey!

Happy Monday! I'm zooming by today to let you know that I have a little exciting post on the Paper Crafter's Library as their Featured Designer. Be sure to check it out if you wanna see a project that I've not shared on here yet! :)

Today's card is one I've shared over there too, and features some gorgeous, trendy feathers that I've cut using the Southwest cartridge and my Cricut Mini.

tips and tricks
  • If you're cramped for space and have to pack away your electronic cutter when you're not using it (like me!) plan ahead and cut in bulk.  I cut loads of these feathers, in various sizes, from white cardstock. They now sit on my desk and I can simply colour them with an alcohol marker to have coordinating embellishments on demand!
  • Heat embossing isn't only for stamped images. I tapped my embossing ink on the tips of these feathers and covered in gold embossing powder to give those trendy feathers more 'oomph'! :)
I hope you can pop across to the post if you have time...  :)

Right, I must dash as I've got day at work and I'm also about to start the His & Hers Online Card Class later on, so I better get prepared as it starts today! Cue lots of cards for the guys to be created this week (fingers crossed!)

Signature2

16 comments:

maria f. said...

Ooooh, lovin' the spot o' gold!!!

aaga said...

Love, love it! I've recently started to read your blog from the beginning, because I like your style so much. It's interesting to see how your cards transformed over the years. :)
Now I'm heading over to see the other card mentioned above.
Oh, and I'm looking forward to the new OCC, too! Hoping to create lots of 'his' card for my stash. :)

Lynn said...

Such a classy card Aimes...love the gold! off to check out PaperCrafters :)!

Brandi said...

Trendy indeed! This card is fabulous!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is stunning! Loving the gold tipped feathers!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! Love the gold tipped feathers...so trendy!

Chunyuan said...

congrats on the feature. Beautiful card and striking colors.

Debby said...

Right on trend and that embossing is immaculate!

Jenny said...

They look just amazing Aimes, love the liquid gold :0)
Jenny x

sandie said...

These feathers look great, love the gold tips. Nd congrats on the papercrafting spot. Really liked the use of vellum x

Michelle Short said...

Great card Aimes, the gold looks stunning against the black. I'm also doing the class so looking forward to seeing your creations! x

Christina said...

Congrats on your guest post! I love the soft coloring on the back of the vellum on your bonus card, and the gold dipped look of these feathers is so fun!

Maureen said...

gold tipped feathers? Oh yeah! What a great idea, Duchess! I'm determined to crack open my Cricut this summer and learn the basics :) Any chance Cricut would pay to have you come help me? ;)

Taheerah said...

*swoon* The gold tips are amazing Aimes!! What a way to embrace the trend!! Wonderful graphic card, just love it!!

Wida said...

Pinned it and I love it. I think it's the gold tips that got me on this one

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.