Tuesday 30 April 2013

For the guys (and the gals!)

Thinking of You
Hey!

So I'm busy this week studying. I love to learn so I'm not complaining, and I'm especially not complaining when it's a card class! :)

Yup, the His & Hers online card class started on Monday and boy, am I  glad I signed up after only Day 1! I'm a girl with a lot of guys in my family, so I'm hoping to build up a stash of guy cards and maybe - just maybe - conquer that little bit of fear I experience when I have to create for a guy!

Day 1 was all about the simple 'Thinking of You' card. The idea is to use a technique, product, sketch etc and make it cater for both the guys and the gals.

Kristina Werner featured a great sketch that I couldn't resist and both Jennifer McGuire and guest designer, Lisa Spangler featured the same products for their cards. Jennifer also featured an awesome technique that I hope to use later on...*wink*

So armed with a sketch and a stamp that I wanted to use on both cards, I got busy.

The card at the top is my guy card (I hope you can tell it's a guy card) and this card below is my gal card:

Thinking of You

Now I thought I'd be struggling with the guy card, but it was actually the gal card that had me scratching my head and walking away for cups of tea! What can I say? The course must be conquering that fear of mine already - ha!

As always, thank you so much for stopping by this little corner of Blogland. Hoping to be back soon with some more guy cards (and gal cards of course!)

Signature2





Products Used

10 comments:

Sue said...

Great guys and gals cards!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Awesome, Aimes! I love both the masculine AND feminine versions!!

Maureen said...

oh, I was thinking of taking this course, Duchess...but May's busy! I just adore this sketch and how you traded out the elements for the gals and guys :) Although, don't the guys just have to put up with a pink heart now and then? ;) ox

Erum Tasneem said...

I LOOOVE both these cards! So very CAS but still you can see all the detailing! Gorgeous!

Mary Ann said...

Great cards!Very pretty!!!

Taheerah said...

You totally rocked both of these, and the girl card in particular is just *wow*!! I had signed up for this class too but just had zero time at all to even log in this week. :-( Hoping to find some time to devote to it soon!!

Christina said...

I can't imagine you struggling with any card theme. Your guy card turned out particularly fabulous, but I love the gal version, too!

ThePurplePlace said...

Both of your cards are wonderful and I was so excited for you to see one featured in the Class today! Congratulations!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Congratulations on having one of your wonderful cards featured over in the His and Hers class today! It's fabulous a deserves that nice honor!!

I'm also now a new follower of your blog...you are very talented! :)

Lyndal said...

FAB set of card Aimes - loving the textured background on His card :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.