Thursday, 21 March 2013

Super duper simple...

Bon Voyage 
Hey!

Happy Friday Eve! It might be the weekend soon, but I'm hoping that you'll join me in a studying session CASE Study stylee *wink*

Today's card is über simple. However, I hope you'll still see how Julie Ebersole's card inspired me.


Check out the original post of this card here.

The bike. That Julie is hitting all of my soft spots this month on CASE Study. I took one look at that bicycle and it was love!

Now I realise my card today may not be your cup of tea; but for me, if I wasn't making cards, I'd be buying cards similar to this. Sometimes it's a little refreshing for to strip back even the CAS style: nothing fancy, no awesome techniques. Just a simple, happy easy-peasy card :)

tips and tricks
  • The bicycle is actually a page marker/paperclip (I was challenged to use it by my buddy, Caryn) Never restrict your supplies to things you'd find in a craft store.
  • Think about the font you're using/stamping and coordinate. I adore the font on this CBS set and it's vintage, typewriter style is a good match for the linen/canvas impression plate I used and quirky embellishment. A swirly, elegant font just wouldn't have worked on this card at all!
Of course, you can play along with us adopting any style that takes your fancy - just be inspired by Julie's card and get creative! Need some inspiration? Then check out the CASE Study DT (since last week, we've waved farewell to Christina MacLaren :( I know that I'm going to miss her creations every week for CASE Study. Love your work, Christina!)

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Andrea Ewen

Brandi (Guest DT)  
Clare Buswell 
Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Sylvia Blum (Guest DT)
Teneale Williams

Julie Ebersole (February's Muse)

So whether it's super simple, or super layered, we hope you can join in the fun with us this week!

Thanks so much for popping by today and I hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to spend my weekend at a craft show with my mum and hoping that spring arrives soon....!

Signature2



  


Products Used





16 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

I love this card, Amy! The yellow bicycle just had me!

Stephanie said...

You've only done it again Aimes! Too amazing for words :) x

Lynn said...

Absolute CAS perfection!

Laura B. said...

LOVE this Aimes!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

I actually really love this Aimes, though I think the layers part of my soul just died a little inside!! The modern-day me is loving the bright bicycle taking centre-stage though, and the subtle background impression!

Maureen said...

that little bike clip is da bomb, Duchess! Really, it's perfect for this :) Although you'll need a speedier mode of transportation to come visit me ;) ox

Jenny said...

Oh this is CAS perfection, you're so right about making the cards you would be buying in a shop.... Must remember that when I'm doubting my cards :0)
Jenny x

Christina said...

Oh Aimes, this card is so cute I just want to put it in my pocket! But then it would get all wrinkled and be totally ruined, so I'd probably just put it on my desk where it would give me a smile every time I looked at it. :)
Thanks for the sweet words on my departure. I'm going to miss being your teamie, but I won't be far away!

~amy~ said...

super duper simple is THEE best. Happy Friday!

Marlena M. said...

This clip is SO CUTE~love the simplicity!

Caryn said...

I had a sneaky feeling I'd be seeing one of those clips when I saw Julie's card on Case study this week! I just knew you'd do something awesome with them!! Make sure you can get it back from whoever you give it to!!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

oh wow! I so love this. Such a wonderful CAS design and I love the kraft base.! :)

Elena said...

I would buy this card too! So clever! And so cool!

jodpea said...

If anyone is interested I saw (& bought!) these clips in the clothing store 'Outfit' yesterday. They were by the till priced £3.50...

Els said...

I love your card, Aimes! So simple, yet so stunning! WOW!

Aimes said...

TFS! I hope you have as much fun with them as I'm having - be sure to let me know if you whip up something crafty with them! :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.