Thursday, 7 March 2013

Inspired by Julie (and a pin!)

Happy Mother's Day
 Hey!

Happy March,  happy Friday-Eve and - over at CASE Study - it's happy new muse time! And what a muse we've got for you, CASE Studiers. Seriously. Amazing.

It makes me grin from ear to ear to say that we have the one, the only, Julie Ebersole on board with us this month! *clap clap!* I'm a big fan of Julie's work and her fabulous sense of humour. Something tells me that March is gonna be marvellous :)

My card today was inspired by this beauty of Julie's:


Check out the original post of this card here.

Now you may be thinking, how the heck is this linked to Julie's card? Well, take a closer look and you'll see that I was inspired by Julie's use of doilies and flowers. I just opted for one mega-sized doily and tiny flowers on a pin :)

tips and tricks
  • Don't limit yourself to using embellishments designed for card making: I actually used a pin for my focal point by simply bending the sharp back flush against the cardstock with a ruler. 
  • I used the colours of the pin as my colour scheme for the card. I don't think I'd have dared come up with a colour combo quite as bold myself - it helps to get inspiration from your supplies :)
  • Complete all stamping before adding bulky embellishments otherwise stamping may prove difficult! (And by 'may' prove difficult I mean, 'will' - I'm talking from experience here!)
You may also be thinking, "Gosh, she's organised with Mother's Day!" but in fact, I'm not. Over here it's Mother's Day this Sunday, so I'm making this card in the nick of time *wink*. In fact, it was my mum who treated me to these sweet pins from Paperchase and I promised her that I would somehow incorporate one into her Mother's Day card this year. If you're peeking Mum, expect to see this card for real on Sunday! Ha!

Now not only do we have the fabulous Julie Ebersole on board with us this month, we also have Brandi on board as our guest designer! Be sure to check them out along with the rest of the super duper CASE Study DT:

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Andrea Ewen

Brandi (Guest DT)
Christina MacLaren  

Clare Buswell 
Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Sylvia Blum (Guest DT)
Teneale Williams

Julie Ebersole (February's Muse)     

So you know what to do now right? Play along with us of course! We'd love to see what you whip up from being inspired in any way by Julie's card this week!
 
Thanks so much for visiting this little corner of Blogland today - your visits are always appreciated! :)

Signature2
Products Used




14 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

It's fascinating seeing how you all approach the CASE. Love how you went for an against-the-grain approach with this Aimes - the doily and pin combo is stunning!!

Elena said...

LOVE that pin! Your card is so lovely!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous take on Julie's card. The greens (of course :)!), pinks and bright blues are beautiful together Aimes!

sandie said...

Aimes, this is adorable, your Mum is going to love it. And it has actually inspired me for a DT card I have been stumped about-so thank you.

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful card :) :)

~amy~ said...

Oh this IS a beauty...love how you incorporated the pin!

Beverley said...

Stunning creation. I adore Paperchase & it's products & the pin you've used is no exception. Fab!

Debby said...

Gorgeous take on Julie's card! Love how that mind of yours works :)

Stephanie said...

An absolute stunner Aimes! x

Caryn said...

So so pretty - love the pin and the doily - gorgeous creation!!

Brandi said...

This is so cute! I just adore your style!

Tracey McNeely said...

Amy this is such a fun take on Julie`s card, love the colours.

Tracey McNeely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany Stellpflug said...

oh, this is very pretty! I love the beautiful pink doily and that green border! Very pretty!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.