Thursday, 11 October 2012

Going dotty for Christmas...


Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve! Ready to check out a new CASE Study? I hope so!


We've got this beauty to study from our super muse for October, Julia Stainton:


Check out the original post of this card here.

I was taken by Julia's layout, circular embellishment and her fun polka dots. Taking all of this along with a pinch of premature Christmas cheer resulted in this:

Season's Greetings

Oh I'm feeling so smug that I have a Christmas card whipped up in October...it's not my usual approach to my Christmas crafting! Note to self: Don't feel too smug, there's a load more of these to whip up before Dec 25th! *wink*

This card features another great set from Clearly Besotted Stamps called Signature Christmas. I love the mix and match elements in this set!

Be sure to feast your eyes on what the rest of the CASE Study DT created for your viewing pleasure and inspiration:


We hope you find time to study along with us :) 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{Season's Greetings}
Stamps: Signature Christmas (Clearly Besotted Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Fern (A Muse)/Red (Versamagic)
Card: White (Papertrey Ink) 
Accessories: Polka Dot Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)

17 comments:

Maureen said...

Merry Christmas, Duchess! LOL, I couldn't resist! Those little dots remind me of snowballs! Red mitten weather! Can't wait to get some of those stamps to play with :) You are always so inspiring! hugs!

Stephanie said...

LOVE this design, it's fabulous! Thank you xxx

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Aimes...love all the beautiful white space with the touch of color!

Lindsay said...

So fab Aimes! LOVE it!

~amy~ said...

clean and crisp! lovely work girlie.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Totally sweet and modern! I STILL have not thought about Christmas cards- I'd better get a move on!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card Aimes, love the embossing and the pop of colour of the wreath against the white. Love it! xx

Debby said...

Love the trendy colour tones you used! I've usually made quite a few Christmas cards by now but this year I'm behind schedule - role reversal again!

Lea L. said...

Love the pop of color that the wreath gives this mostly white & graphic card! I also love the different size of embossed dots in the background!

Christina said...

That polka dotted wreath is sooo cute! I love how you used different sized dots on the top and bottom, too.

Vickie Z said...

Love all the polka dots!!! Fabulous CAS....you do CAS perfectly...it's a style I struggle with and admire those who can....that white space would scare me!

Ann said...

Squeee! Lovin' those polka dots!

Carole said...

What a beautiful take on the challenge Ames, awesome! Carole xox

Katiejane said...

Love your take on the card Aimes, that is a great set. I've actually been playing with it today -hope to post piccies soon.
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my butterfly card, it was great to hear from you.
Did you ever see the cards I made with your fabulous stamps last month?
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Katie x

pamela said...

Christmas crafting is getting to me! And that wreath is just so cute and modern :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely CAS design. The touch of color looks great on the white... love the dry embossed panel.

N@ Ali said...

simple, modern, beautiful! i'm enjoying making my Christmas cards early as well this year ; )

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.