Thursday, 18 October 2012

A wreath that's anything but traditional...


Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve! Only one more of these after today to see until we break up for half-term and I jump on a plane bound for Canada and jet outta here. Sooooooo giddy with excitement (especially as I only found out about it on Sunday - a surprise from my guy who has had it planned since May!)

Anyways enough excitable babble from me, it's time to get down to business:


Yup, it's time for a new CASE Study courtesy of our muse, Julia Stainton. Feast your studying eyes on this!


Check out the original post of this card here.

I was really taken by those strong colours and the layout to put my own spin on a Christmas card that's anything but traditional:

Christmas Greetings

Tip: Add dimension to stamped images by shading with a marker as I've done on the bow of this wreath.

Now I'm a sucker for tradition when it comes to seasonal stamping, but I do realise that not everyone is! As much as it pained me to stamp that wreath in pink ink and decorate it with orange bling, I think the recipient I have in mind for it will prefer it to the good ol' red and green combo :)

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CASE Study DT created to get your mojo tickin':


We're really hoping you find a chance to ink along with us!

Thank you so much for visiting today; your visits are always appreciated!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{Christmas Greetings}
Stamps: Signature Christmas (Clearly Besotted Stamps)
Ink: Bubblegum (A Muse)/Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Circle Nestability (Spellbinders)/Bling (Want 2 Scrap)/Promakers (Letraset)

18 comments:

Laura B. said...

Such a lovely CASE!

Stephanie said...

I love these colours for Christmas (I need to get more adventurous with my Christmas colours!), stunning card - the composition is perfect! Is it a leap year next year? Because you soooo need to 'put a ring on it' lol Your man is definitly a keeper, bless him! xxxx

Lynn said...

Oh I am drooling over this Aimes...I love the colors and the touch of gems anchoring the circles is beyond fabulous!

Michelle said...

Stunning card Aimes, love the colours xx

Tracey said...

Simple and lovely!!! Gorgeous card!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the non-traditional colors Amy! I also LOVE this card! I might just "need" this stamp set!

Laurie said...

OK this is caaa-ute! I love the ornament look! So fun! And so CAS and lovely! :)

pamela said...

Pretty pretty pretty!!

Where are you going to in Canada?! Will it be Vancouver?????

Mandy said...

Amy, this is such a beautiful card, and the colours look amazing!

Have a wonderful time in Canada...you lucky girl you !!

xx

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous! Love the two hanging circles...the sentiment one looks like a Christmas ornament!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this case and the way you used the stamps, which I've got to check out now! ;)

maria f. said...

The lines from the top. The gems. That uber-cool greeting. Such a treat for the eyes.
p.s. Have fun in Canada.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Aimes I'm so in love with this awesome card and colour combo!! *Love* the sentiment hanging as an ornament - so inspired!! Have a great time in Canada - your guy is one in a million!!

Caryn said...

Simply gorgeous - love the colour combo and the bling!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Karen B. said...

One of my new favorites of yours. Love the color choices and the overall design. Sigh. I just love EVERYTHING you do.

Jeanne J said...

Clean and stunning perfection Aimes! You make this look easy!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card for the sketch!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs and smiles

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such a pretty wreath! love the colors!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.