Wednesday 5 September 2012

Ready, Set, CRAFT!


Hey!

Well I'm back again this week! Don't get used to this super frequent blogging - work will catch up with me sooner or later.....! Speaking of which, y'know the whole tea-stained timetable thing of Monday? Well I was given a brand spanking new one the next day due to some changes that had been made - the whole glass half full approach pays off sometimes I guess! :)

But enough of me spilling tea over everything. You came for a card, right? Today I present a card that came with a challenge...a 10 minute challenge. I'm participating as a guest designer for the 10 Minute Craft Dash!



This fun challenge is hosted by the sweet Paulina and Ginny. Challenge #2 is a colour challenge with the colours in the graphic above. For a slow-coach like me, time was a real challenge but the colours are so fresh and inspiring that once I'd got a sketch in my head and got my supplies ready (including a random paper clip thingy on my desk), I hit start on my timer and just kept going no matter what.

Happy Birthday

I finished in 9 minutes 32 seconds so had a few seconds left to ummm and ahhh a little over gem placement :)

Now this challenge has made me think that it is possible to squeeze in crafty sessions if I'm super organised and have an idea in my head already. I actually had more fun than I imagined and didn't stress out at all!

So I challenge you to join in the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge too! If you do, not only may you surprise yourself, but you may win a $20 gift certificate for Neat & Tangled!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and thanks to Paulina and Ginny for inviting and challenging me to this fun idea!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{HAPPY BIRTHDAY}
Stamps: Decorative Doilies - Hands of Time, Fontiment Birthday (Uniko Studio)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Gems (Stash)/Promarker to colour gems/Clip (Stash!)

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this super clean beauty! Really lovin' that green clip, too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Well done on the time frame!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous colors and such a clean, beautiful card. I can't believe this was only ten minutes. It would take me ten minutes just to find the right stamp!

Dawn said...

Wonderful job Aimes! Impressed to say the least. ;)

Dana F. said...

The card is stunning and even more so since you made this in less than ten minutes! I couldn't even cut the paper mats straight in the same time ;) Love the little paper clip on the side.

Els said...

That card is breathtaking, Aimes!! I LOVE it!

Sarah Martina said...

Ok this is a stunner! Great work! You can't even tell you were crunched for time.

Unknown said...

OMG....I totally LOVE this card!

Katie said...

LOVE IT!! CAS and beautiful! The green touches are perfect.
Questions though--How much can you actually have ready before it is too much PREparing??

Paulina said...

This card is stunning, Aimes! You always rock the CAS look, and this card is not exception.

Thank you for being one of our special guests and for helping spread the word about the 10 Minute Craft Dash!! <3

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE this! Your gems really set the whole thing off, and they are just SO perfectly placed. Gorgeous!!

sandie said...

wow under 10 mins-preparation pays! Love the addition of the clip and the gems are placed perfectly!

Lynn said...

I'm in love with this card. The pop of green is pure perfection Aimes!

~amy~ said...

way to absolutely rock the challenge girlie...looks fabulous!

JanR said...

I absolutely love this! It's fabulous. And to think you made it in under 10 mintues.....wow!

Karen B. said...

Oh my goodness, this card is so gorgeous!

Debby said...

Stunning Aimes! Love it! Colours just made for me :) I'm supposed to have more time now are roles are reversed aren't I? Hope you keep finding a bit of crafty time to create stunners like this.

Marlena M. said...

I am SO IMPRESSED and inspired. Great job with the 10 min deadline.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

WOW! A binder clip?! Looks amazing on your card!

Laurie said...

LOVE! LOVE! This is so fresh and so pretty! Love that binder clip too girl!

Christina said...

I'd be sweating that 10 minute deadline for sure! But your design is impeccable and doesn't look the least bit rushed. Love the gem placement and the fun binder clip!

Anonymous said...

Aimes, this is gorgeous! I need to take a course from you on scattering rhinestones, mine always look awful ;)
Have a fabby weekend! xoxo

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is a gorgeous card that certainly would have taken me more than 10 minutes to make (and that's even if I was staring at yours and trying to CASE it exactly!). Awesome job, Aimes. Rock on!

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Love your cards :)

maria f. said...

So crisp and clean I can hear it squeaking!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.