Saturday 8 September 2012

It started with a CASE...


Hey!

Wa-hoooooooo for the weekend! It couldn't come soon enough here; the first week of school is always a shock to the system!

Today I'm sharing a card that comes with a challenge that I seriously could not pass up on: CASADIA! The fabulous and fun idea by fellow, sweet, bloggin' buddy, Wida! This is basically one mega long CASE chain - check out the whole chain on Wida's blog here!

So as part of the CASE Study DT, it seemed to apt for me to throw my hat into the ring and play along. My turn has arrived and I have this fabulous card by Erin to CASE:


Check out the original post of this card here!

Those texty, (yes, I know that's not a real adjective!) clouds really captured my eye and so did Erin's paper piecing. In fact, I realised I had that Cosmo Cricket DP collection myself and challenged myself to use a different sheet from that pad (well, using any DP is a bonus for me! Ha!)

So clouds and paper-piecing turned into:

CASADIA

Tip: I inked one side of my frame from the set, Frame-It (Waltzingmouse Stamps) to create straight lines to hang those hearts from.

An anniversary card for my parents. They celebrated 44 years of marriage this week - amazing! I couldn't squeeze a sentiment on the front of the card I felt the card didn't need a sentiment, I can write what I need to write inside, right?! Although my punny heart would have loved to added the sentiment 'Love is in the Air'! *wink*

I'm also going to enter this card into the Moxie Fab Movement Challenge - the texture of the clouds separate them from the card base, and those simple faint lines from the clouds help guide your eyes to take in the whole of the focal point - I hope!

Before I dash to make the most of my weekend, I'd like to thank Wida for having me play along and for hosting such a fun idea! Thanks, Wida! :)

OK, I'm scootin' - this weekend isn't going to wait for me!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
Stamps: Frame-It (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: From 'The Boyfriend' 6x6 Collection (Cosmo Cricket)

Accessories: Cloud Die, Text Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Martha Stewart Heart Lace Border Punch - I used the negative of the punch! (Martha Stewart)


20 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun idea! This card is fantastic Amy! I LOOOVE it! Congrats to your parents!

~amy~ said...

big congrats to your parents....I love your card...oh my....those clouds rock and the sweet hearts...perfection.

Rae said...

Gorgeous card and I LOVE the sentiment that you didn't use. :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love it!!! And isn't it fun to see what gets translated from one card to the next?

Maureen said...

wow, Duchess! Your parents will celebrate in style with this beauty! Hey, does that make them King and Queen if you're Duchess? ;) I'm not sure about all the royal titles. Those sweethearts are the perfect way to celebrate love :) Ah, the first Saturday morning! I'm doing laundry...lol back to my usual schedule :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

*Gorgeous*!!!

Lynn said...

Sending lots of love your parents way on 44 years of marriage. Their card is so stunning...true Aimes style with the gorgeous white space, a touch of embossing and a touch of green. Love your style! Hope you have a fabulous day celebrating with them!

Wida said...

I knew I would be wowed and I AM! you are a magnificent card maker and I am so proud that you decided to join in! It is absolutely you and oh so sublime. congrats to your parents. I am at 13, can't see to be able to see that far ahead. It's nice to know people can get there :)

joscelyne cutchens said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the tone on tone and subtle stamping & my punny heart loved that sentiment too.

joscelyne cutchens said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the tone on tone and subtle stamping & my punny heart loved that sentiment too.

Harriet said...

Your card is wonderful!!!!

JanR said...

So lovely! Perfect anniversary card.

sandie said...

just gorgeous

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous and sweet way to go with the CASADIA! Your card needs no sentiment, it speaks for itself!

Debby said...

Oh this is so calming and yet inspiring at the same time! Love it!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Stunning Aimes, just like the Case card. I love the freshness of it, so pretty.
Katie x

Stephanie said...

Stunning in it's simplicity - another fantastic design Aimes :) xxx

Bethany Stellpflug said...

love it with no sentiment! I think it's wonderful when someone can get a card to look amazing and not use a sentiment!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Beautiful CASE...I just love this card chain. It's so much fun!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Aimes! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.