Thursday 20 September 2012

Booyah!


This is my second post for today - please scroll down if you're looking for my CASE Study post or click here. Thanks! :) 

Hey!

Ready to carry on the fun of The Craft's Meow September release sneaky peeks? I hope so!

The Craft's Meow

Today we get to share the final two sets with you - one of which is FREE! 

First up we're giving you a peek of a fun set by Kaitlyn Ord called 'Good Times'. This set is perfect for you scrapbookers, all you Project Life peeps and card-makers too of course. I opted for the card-making when it came to inking this set up (no surprises there!)

celebrate today

I'm diggin' those fun, bold chevrons and was in the mood for a bold colour combo of bright pink and black. Not my favourite choice of colours but maybe, just maybe, the neon trend is creeping up on me (better late than never, eh?!)

Now this is no ordinary card. Don't let your eyes deceive you. There's a fun, interactive element on this card too. Simply lift the chevron tab to reveal....
booyah!
Ta-Dah! (or should that be Booyah?!)

Hee! I couldn't resist creating an interactive card with the power of magnetics. I played with some super slim magnetic discs (courtesy of the kind folk at Magnet Expert). I simply adhered a magnetic disc to the reverse edge of the chevron strip and placed another magnet inside the card to secure it. The card remains super slim and perfect for posting - bonus!

The next set we're sharing today made my autumnal lovin' heart skip a beat. 'Golden Days' designed by Karen Baker features beautiful leaves and fabulous flourishes. I loved that when I got to ink this set up, I could take pleasure in my main reason for loving this season - the colours:

Thankful for you

Using lots of rich autumnal shades of ink, I stamped the different leaves to create my own kinda DP. I also find that for autumnal projects, I can't stop using both sides of my linen and canvas impression plate; for some reason plaid just screams out autumn to me :)  

Another awesome thing about 'Golden Days' is that it's free for all customers spending over $50 at the TCM Store!

However, if you can't wait that long you could take a chance at winning this set or the 'Good Times' set by leaving a comment on the TCM Blog by 9pm PST tonight. While you're over there, take a peek at the amazing projects the rest of the TCM DT inked up for your viewing pleasure!

Right, that's enough from me for today. I'll be back tomorrow to celebrate the actual September release with a good ol' fashioned blog hop - I hope you can join us!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{celebrate today/booyah!}
Stamps: Good Times (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Bubblegum (A Muse)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Versamark
Cardstock: True Black, White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Pink Embossing Powder (WOW! powders)

{Thankful for you}
Stamps: Golden Days (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Scarlet Jewel, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)/Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Buttons, Twine, Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)



11 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay...your stamps and ink are back and are absolutely divine! Wow, wow, wow! Lovign those leaves with the gorgeous flourishes built into them. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Awesome booyah card!

~amy~ said...

both are fabulous...love the magnetic closure and your 2nd card is such a great color combo!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving that first card! The hidden sentiment is so fun, and the stamping on the second card is gorgeous!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL creations!! THANks for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Booyah! Such a perfect sentiment for you!

Elena said...

Booyah! I love that card!

Debby said...

Gotta love a card with a booyah as a sentiment!

Sue Bridges said...

Such creativity- love the colors of the leaves stamped!

Ruth S said...

Fab cards Amy - the booyah one just made me really laugh out loud! Great surprise sentiment ;)
Hope your cold is gettimng better, Rx

canadian_liner said...

I totally CASEd and credited your beautiful leaf card (at: http://cjmacbred.blogspot.ca/2012/10/rollin-rollin-rollin.html). Thanks for the inspiration, Aimes, love your work.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.