Tuesday 10 January 2012

Love You (Paper Clip!)

Hey!

Happy Tuesday! Is it really only Tuesday? It's my first full week back at work and it's like I've never been away: students stressing over exams, work that needs to be marked and more lessons that need to be planned. It's business as usual :)

It's also business as usual on A Passion for Papertrey as we've kicked off another year of challenges. For our new challenge we're looking forward to the next big occasion in the calendar for us card-makers: St Valentine's Day.

Never too early to create something for a loved one, right?

Love you

This design was totally inspired by some cool, heart-shaped paper clips I've been hoarding. I'm thinking that this card would be sweet to tuck into my guy's lunch sometime soon...after all, I don't need a dedicated day of the year to tell him how much he means to me (altogether now, awwwww!)

So why not play along with us? We'd love to see your own takes on Valentine's creations and share the inspiration :)

Right then, back to the book marking (it's my New Year's Resolution to keep on top of it all! So far, so good!)

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Love You}
Stamps: Wonderful Words Additions, Around and About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug, Olivia Alphabet Dies (Provocraft)/Novelty Paper Clip and Gem (Stash!)

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really really really love this Aimes, in fact it's the kinda Valentine's card I would so want to receive....instead I'll probably get something about 6ft tall with a Teddy holding a big red heart on it :| lol xxx

Chunyuan said...

sweet card, Aimes. love the panels and paper clip.

Anita Rex said...

Awwww! :> Love your card great use of that paper clip! :>

JanR said...

This is just brilliant!

Marisa said...

Brilliant! Love it - no pun intended :)

Lindsay said...

Get out! LOVE this card Aimes! That paper clip ROCKS! What a cool card!

Debby said...

To start let me say you are doing fab with your new light box set up - really shows the dimension in this card. Talking of which, white - check, text - check, CAS - check, graphic - check, pop of colour - check! You didn't make this card for your guy, you made it for me LOL!

Pam Sparks said...

super cute! I've done some cards like this in the past... need to find them and case myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn said...

There you go again with my PTI linen plate. Love, love, love it and the three sweet hearts. Pure joy. I'm sure your guy will love it!

Jenny said...

I always visit your blog and say "I wish I'd thought of that!"
Gorgeous, CAS and clever as usual Aimes :)
Jenny x

Tammy said...

Love that linen plate! Love the heart paper clip--I think I can make one of those myself!!
I hear ya on the marking--forget the student stress about exams; I'm stressed about all my marking!!

Christina said...

Totally sweet! Is it wrong to swoon over office supplies? I hope not, because I'm smitten with that darling heart clip!

~amy~ said...

fantabulous girlie!

Karen B. said...

Yep, this card is just too cool for words.

Maureen said...

awwwww is right, Duchess!! And my sentments exactly! No need to wait to say "I love you." That paperclip is the sweetest and I would only give them away to very special people (wink, wink!).

hugs!! and "I love you!"

Sharron said...

OMG--so clever and absolutely adorable! LOVE it!!

Sandy said...

I think this is outstanding - very creative and I love it!!
Sandy

Andrea M said...

My gosh girl, I am so digging that paperclip! It looks INCREDIBLE! *SWOON*

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love how you used the clip. So clever!

Laurie said...

First off, that linen impression is singing to me! But the CAS of this card....wowzers. LOVE. IT. ALL!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.