Thursday, 26 January 2012

A love card...literally!

Hey!

Let's kick this Friday-Eve off in style:


Ready for a fab new CASE Study? I hope so! I'm sad that it's Jen Rzasa's last week with us as our muse :( Her creations have been a perfect source of inspiration and I love that we got to legitimately CASE 'em *tee hee*

So let's send Jen off in fabulous style and take this beauty of hers up for studying this week:


Check the original post of this card here!

*sigh* Sometimes it's the most simple ideas that I admire the most: I love Jen's use of twine on this card and use of white space. That's what I took from her gorgeous card to my crafty desk and got busy:

love

BTW: Inside this card I stamped 'YOU!' in the same font.

Instead of knots on my twine, I opted for hearts to continue the love theme. The hearts are actually a negative from a Martha Stewart Border punch. Now I'm gonna 'fess up and admit that those hearts were a tad tricky to adhere on top of the twine...the perfect medium ended up being Blu-Tack of all things (well, White-Tack in this case!)

I hope you can study along with us for Jen's final week as our muse! All levels of creative peeps are encourage to join in the fun; simply be inspired by Jen's card and go on a creative adventure :)

Oooh and be sure to check out what the rest of the really super duper CASE Study DT whipped up for ya:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Amy Wanford <---you are here!
Christina Maclaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Julie Lacey (on a break right now)
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Jen Rzasa (January's muse)

Signing off now! Thanks so much for stopping by - I really appreciate your visits: whether it be actually here on the blog, leaving a comment or stalking via Google reader - thank you!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{love}
Stamps: Wonderful Words Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Martha Stewart Border Punch/Cuttlebug

23 comments:

Caryn said...

Stunning and simple - a perfect CAS card.
Caryn xxx

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Lovely & simple Aimes - just perfect!

Joy said...

Aimes, this is just super beautiful, I just adore this simple style and you have captured this perfectly..hugs

Lynn said...

You know this gorgeous CAS design makes me smile. Love every last detail!

Stephanie said...

A classic <3 x

Christina said...

Ooh, look at all that yummy white space! So clever to use the little hearts in place of the knots on the twine. Beautifully done!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card! Clean, simple and so SWEET!

Beverley said...

Love your CAS style. The hearts add a beautiful finish to the twine. Great case. I really must get into gear & try this challenge!

Rhonda said...

Perfect in every way!!

Lindsay said...

Perfect simplicity Aimes! LOVE the clean look and the pop of red!

Mandy said...

This is absolutely beautiful Amy!

xx

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Every time I see someone use that impression plate, I think of you! The three little hearts under your sentiment draw me in. They actually remind me of the Legend of Zelda (the original game)...not sure if you have ever played it before. In the game you have a heart meter to show how much health you have left, and it looks just like the hearts on your card!

Sorry for going off on a tangent there. What I meant to say was "I love your card!"

sandie said...

you are so right-simple is often so good and your card is just gorgeous

Jess said...

LOVE all that white space, and the hearts strung with twine... perfect!

Dana said...

AHH I love this Aimes!

JanR said...

Love it!

Jenny said...

This card is so you! Love all that white space and those 3 little hearts :)
Jenny x

Vickie Z said...

Wow.....perfect CASE!!! Love those little hearts!!

Jeanne said...

such a sweet little card - and it is full of love.... and I love all the white.

Laurie said...

I ADORE this card. Totally. A lot. LOVE. WOW. :)

Aleksandra said...

Gorgeous! I will never understand how you are able to achieve such a perfect look with such CAS style! Something I am not to good at it... Love it! Thanks for the inspiration on this week's CASE Study Challenge!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Suzanne Russell said...

Your cards always amaze me-how can they be so simple and so profoundly beautiful at the same time? Genius, I guess! Thanks for sharing the inspiration-again and again!

postcard printing said...

Really such a sweet and little card and it is full of love and I love all his segments. Very gorgeous card! Thanks for the inspiration and have a blessed day! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.