Thursday, 17 November 2011

From Silly Scape to Snow Scape...

Hey!

Wa-hoooooooooooooo for Friday Eve, Peeps! :)

Shall we celebrate in the usual style?


Why not? After all, when you have the fabulous Kryssi Ng as your muse here at CASE Study, I can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate the end of the working week!

Check out this super cool card of Kryssi's up for CASEing this week:
Check out the original post of this fun card, here.

I was totally smitten with that cityscape and the way that Kryssi has so cleverly turned it into a card for the holidays. In fact, I was so smitten that I went straight ahead and purchased the Hero Arts Digi kit, Silly Scape and got busy with my printer and pens:

Very Merry

I wanted to turn this cityscape (or should that be silly-scape?!) into a winter, Christmas-themed card just like Kryssi did. My snowflakes have been stamped on acetate with white Staz-On and placed over some glittered rooftops to give this cityscape a Christmas-like feel. Those sparkly rooftops add that touch of magic that I can't capture with my camera - you're just gonna have to trust me on this one *wink*!

Now before you dash to check out what the rest of the CASE Study DT have for you to feast your eyes on, we have some good and bad news. The bad news is that Julie Smith has decided to step down from the DT. Such a touch decision to make and it's so sad to see her leave; I'll miss her fabulous CAS style she contributed week after week :(

But every cloud has a silver lining, right? So where one door closes, another one opens...and those doors have opened for our newest CASE Study DT member - Julie Lacey! She needs no introductions, she's a fireball of talent and I've been a stalker fan of her work for ages! (you may remember that Julie was one of our muses not so long ago!)

So be sure to check out what our new CASE study DT rustled up for ya (and be sure to welcome our newest DT member too!)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Cristina Kowalczyk
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Teneale Williams
Kryssi Ng (November's Muse)

Right then, duty calls here: I've got two more days of work including Children in Need on Friday. Friday is going to be a surreal day at work with everyone in fancy dress and me paying the students double the price of a car wash to keep them away from my car - ha! All for charity of course and good fun too!

Have a wonderful weekend (we might as well start celebrating it now y'know *wink*)

Thank you so much for stopping by! I really appreciate your visits :)

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Very Merry}
Stamps: Tiny Tags, Holiday Tree (Papertrey Ink)
Digi Stamp: Silly Scape (Hero Arts)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Cotton White (Staz-On)
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Twine, Tag Die (Papertrey Ink)/Grand Calibur, Nestabilities (Spellbinders)/Glitter (Doodlebug)/Acetate (Office Supply)

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Hope tomorrow is a perfect day! Sounds like a lot of fun!

And your card...is a BEAUTY! Wow! Love the city scape! So pretty!

Lindsay said...

Love the acetate and the snowflakes! This is one fabby card Amy!

Jenny said...

Love this Aimes, such an original Christmas card! Stamping on the acetate gives it great depth too :)
Arr good old Children in Need day...I've been busy decorating a T-shirt for James this morning, pics on my blog tomorrow :)
Jenny x

LaurieJ said...

I love your city scene! Absolutely gorgeous. And the twine and tiny star is the perfect finishing touch!

Jo said...

Aimes! This card is gorgeous!!! Absolutely love it! Happy Friday eve and hope those school kids behave themselves tomorrow...I remember what we were like, ha ha! ;-) xxx

Susan said...

Wonderful silly scape. Love those bold snowflakes!

Karen B. said...

I adore this card, so many fine details to make one perfect card.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous! Love the pop of the white snowflakes & the glowing yellow windows against the nighttime silly-scape. It looks fab!

Mynnette said...

What an absolutely DARLING card--LOVE that it looks like a framed piece of artwork! :) LOVE the snowflakes and the wonderful star tag with the sentiment! :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.