Saturday 29 October 2011

A retro-style spooking!

***WARNING: Picture heavy post!***

Hey!

Well I'm popping by today to give you pre-Halloween spooking.....


...retro styleeeeeeee!
Introducing:

Orange Boo
Mr Orange

green boo side

Mr Green

Purple boo

Ms Purple (who's such a poser that she insisted on two pics!)

Purple Boo Side

Recognise these cuties at all?

I confess. I let my inner retro-gaming-geekness dictate this year's Halloween treats for my little monsters nieces and nephews *grin* These ghosts are totally inspired by that retro-classic, Pac-Man!

And what's inside? A trick or a treat...?

Treat!

A treat of course! C'mon I'm not that mean *wink*

These treat holders were so easy to whip up once I'd drawn a template of a ghost and used hardly any of my supplies (bonus!) Googly eyes add so much character to these ghouls. I had to make 7 in total, but here's three of 'em lined up (I couldn't fit any more on one pic!)

Retro spooking

Now take a closer peek. Can't you tell that Ms Purple is oh-so-mature and those boys, Mr Orange and Mr Green are up to no good as usual...

funny ghouls
Tee-hee!

I did wonder if my eldest niece was too old to celebrate Halloween this way at age 13, but after the reaction I got from my guy when I showed him these I've now been commissioned to make him one LOL!!! I think the gaming nostalgia was evoked in him when he saw these - not quite sure my nieces and nephews will get it but I figure they're waaaaaay more interested in the contents than the packaging anyways!

So I'm signing off to make another one of these cuties...in green of course! ;D

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!






Treat Deets
{Boo!}
Cardstock: True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Plum Pudding, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Halloween Die - 'BOO!', Cuttlebug (Provocraft)/Orange Dotty Ribbon, Simply Chartreuse Ribbon, Lavender Moon Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

17 comments:

Marisa said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! Love them!!

Karen B. said...

Hee hee those are so cute! I knew from the start that they were pacman, sigh, I miss that game.

Blossom said...

Great! I love them!

Lucy Abrams said...

Love them!!! Awesome pac-man nostalgia....

Jenny said...

These are definitely too cute to spook, such a great gift wallet for Halloween :)
We have the Pac Man drinks glasses at home with the ghosts names on but I can't for the life of me remember what they are at the moment!!!
Jenny x

Diane Jaquay said...

CUTE!!!!

Debby said...

Oh my 13 year old would be delighted! In fact so would I! Love all the colour pops, of course the green is my favourite but don't tell the others!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love them, Aimes! (from one retro gamer to another)

Adventures and Tea Parties said...

Aww, these are so funny and cute! Love 'em Aimes! :-) xxx

Petra said...

super cute!

Lindsay said...

Oh these are too clever and cute Amy! LOVE the little monsters and the treats inside, genius!

Indy's Designs said...

What a flashback to my youth! I have a big smile on my face because I love the bright colors against the black and the Pac Man imagine is so fun! So glad you shared these little cuties!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

These are just fabulous Aimes and I love your pic, not to mention the speech bubbles!
I can just imagine all the faces lit up by such cute little treats.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN.
Katie xx

Sharron said...

A-DOR-ABLE!! Love your little Pac Men (bet your little goblins will too!). TFS!

Maureen said...

oh, I want one too!! Those treats look too yummy and I would have eaten them before the photo shoot was over! LOL LOVE pacman and totally remember the BIG arcade game of them in our staff room at McDonalds! LOL LOVE the speech bubbles :) teehee...hope you had lots of fun today despite being back at work and recovering...hugs!

Unknown said...

this is really fun!!

kasia c. said...

Hee Hee! Too cute. And I LOVE the commentary. :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.