Thursday, 11 November 2010

A Very Happy Birthday!

Hey!

Happy Friday Eve! Is this week zooming by or what?! Feels like only yesterday I was posting for:Yet another week has come around and we're treated to this fabulous card by our muse for November, Heather P for this week's CASE study:


Oh I love Heather's style and colours so much....I tried to pluck up the courage to be a bit bolder with my own colour pallette for my take on the CASE study this week:

A Very Happy Birthday!

Wowzers! It's bright - but I think I likey! Again, struggling with daylight for my pics - I'm gonna have to be more organised with my inky time and use weekends for my photography sessions!

New freshly inked stamps on this card - ahhh I love new inky love *sigh*! It's like playing with a shiny new toy for me! Lovin' my Hero Arts Ledger stamp in particular.

I tried my hand at gradient stamping with a variety of pink inks. The 'Birthday' sentiment was originally to be at the bottom but those pinks were just that bit too pale to stand alone against that bright, bold, turquoise so I stamped it over to give the focal panel a bit more 'oomph!' That's a techincal term y'know ;)

As always, we'd love it if you could play along too! All you gotta do is be inspired by Heather's creation this week and CASE away in any way you feel inspired to. I was sold on the layout and the bold turquoise but you can pick whatever floats ya boat - that's the joy CASE study!

Check out what the rest of the CASE study DT came up with - you'll be surprised at how many different styles and interpretations come from just one point of CASEing!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Heather Pulvirenti (November's Muse)

Need more tempting to play along? Well one randomly chosen participant will win an All Season Swirl stamp set courtesy of Christina Franco from The Angel Company!

Have a super weekend if I don't see you before! We've got a fun Saturday night planned; Chris and I are off to a birthday party where you gotta dress up as your favourite character or toy as a kid....definitely had to put my thinking cap on for that one! I'm thinking Daphne from Scooby Doo - it's either that or Wilma Flintstone which could get a bit chilly with nothing on my feet! Ha!

Thanks so much for stopping by my li'l corner of Blogland :)

Catch ya later!





P.S I'm still catching up, but this card fits the Papertrey Peeps Challenge #18 too! One day, I'll catch up with all those fabby challenges...*sigh*


Card Deets

{Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday!}
Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments, Polka Dot Basics II (Papertrey Ink)/Ledger (Hero Arts)
Ink: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)/Versamark/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Hibiscus Burst Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Bling (Hero Arts) /Chompy (Corner Chomper)

26 comments:

Jean Martin said...

I love your color combination Amy! Such a beautiful card! :)

Sally Atkins said...

Oh I love this Aimes - the bright colours work beautifully together. I especially like the gradient stamping with the pinks - it looks so effective. x

Jay Gee said...

Lovely card Aimes. I agree that the gradient stamping looks great. Enjoy your party on Saturday - would love to see pics LOL :) Judith

Lynn said...

Ohh...I have that stamp set...will definitely be CASEing you :) Love that it is simple and BOLD. Very fun! Have a great time at the party...is Chris going as Scooby? :)

Jess said...

Love your work Aimes! It's such a bold and bright colour combo!

:)

Andrea Ewen said...

I likey too! I'm not usually one for bright colors but your card looks sensational! Love the design, that image that fades out...all looks marvelous. Super work, my friend!

Cindy Lee said...

Ohh, I super love this card!!! It's so pretty!! I want the ledger stamp too!!

Inkyfingers said...

Great design Aimes. The colour combination is gorgeous

Hugs
Carol x

Sharron said...

Awesome card, Aimes--wonderful design! I like the simplicity of subtle dots with the ledger. And love the gradient stamped sentiment--very effective! Have a fun weekend!!

Maureen said...

oh, Moe likey too!! blue and pink...see we are starting to think alike!! LOL And don't think I didn't notice the sweet little bling in the corner!! LOL I did!! Have a wonderful time at the party...dont' you hate when you have to dress for the weather!! Maybe just go as an Olympic toursist so you can wear a parka, snowboots and red mittens!! I REALLY want to play the case study this week...maybe today in between a few report cards :) I can't beleve I haven't played yet!! Yikes!! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

Me Likey too:) Plucky....love that word...

Niki Estes said...

What a neat card! I love the gradient stamping!

Belinda said...

Super cute! :) Love the fun use of the Happy's!

Karen B. said...

The colors are amazing in this card, and I really enjoy the bold colors.

Terri said...

Love it! I especially like the colors too!

Alex said...

Lovely card Aimes, girly and bright :) Loving that big bow too!

Can't wait to see pictures of what you eventually dress up in on Saturday night. Have a good one!

Alex x

Andrea M said...

Oh Aimes! So glad you stepped outside your color comfort zone 'cause this is gorgeous!!! Love the gradient stamping too! I have real trouble getting it right but yours is perfect! Love the subtle polka dot background too. Great CASE girl! Can't wait to play along!

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous, Aimes! And those colors? Swoooooon! :) LOL, I love, love, love me some bright colors! :)

Sue Kohler said...

super gorgeous Amy, the gradient stamping looks fabulous!!! :)

peggysue said...

I love the gradient look and the other elements you included. So bright and cheerful, my screen lit up on this gray day opening to your page!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Can I say trendy?! Super cool card, love that ledger stamp too, but I really dig the gradient stamping!
I hope you'll have fun tonight, I'd love to see the photos too :) (oh, and I vote for Daphne :))

Ayana Posadas said...

I loveeee how you stamped the background and then stamped the word "birthday" over your previous stamping. SO awesome! It came out great! This card is very pretty. :)

IamDerby said...

Love this! Beautiful!

Dana said...

Fabulous card, and WOW the gradient stamping looks awesome! Love the colors and the addition of the rhinestones.

Ann said...

Love, love, love this one, Aimes! You know I LOVE bright color combos! This card is amazing!

Julie said...

Oh I just love this! love the gradiant stamping!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.