Thursday, 25 November 2010

Subtle Shimmer...

Hey!

And Happy Thanksgiving to readers who are celebrating it!!! I'll confess that I'm totally jealous that you get an extra holiday for eating Turkey :)

Well it's Thanksgiving in America, Friday Eve over here and time for another CASE study!
I've sure loved having Heather Pulvirenti on board as our muse this month - she's one talented cardmaker! I'll be sorry to see her go *sob* but before I start blubbing, let's see her final creation up for CASEing this week:

Now I'm gonna surprise y'all and produce a Christmas Card before your very eyes *gasp* I know, you're seeing them everywhere at the moment, but for me this is major. I'm awful at making Christmas cards - I hardly find the mojo or the time for it all *sigh*!


Merry Christmas


I hope you can see that I kinda CASEd the layout! The pic doesn't show it, but there's loadsa subtle shimmer on this card; both from my shimmer chalks for the flourish, and my snowflake cut from shimmer cardstock. Gotta love some shimmer :)

Merry Christmas2

Seeing as I used that ol' snowflake die - I'm hoping that this card will qualify for Lucy's challenge too!

Now I know that some of you are real busy at this time of year (especially with Thanksgiving!) but we'd love it if you could squeeze in any inky time to play along with us! Why not check out what the rest of the super-talented CASE study DT rustled up?

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Heather Pulvirenti (November's Muse)

And for one lucky, random participant there's a $25 gift certificate to Artful Delight up for grabs!

Right, I'm off to find my de-icer and ice scraper now as they're predicting ice and snow for now and the weekend...eek!

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{We Wish you a Merry Christmas}
Stamps: Holiday Signature Greetings, Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: London Fog (Memento)/Versamark
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, White Shimmer Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Snowflake Die (Provocraft)/Nestabilities/Lavender Moon Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Shimmer Chalks/Bling (Zva)/'Chompy' (Corner Chomper!)

26 comments:

Joy said...

Love your Christmas card Aimes, so elegant and soft.

Jay Gee said...

Wow Aimes! If this card is you being "awful at making Christmas cards" I wish I was equally so! Beautiful.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh yes I do see the shimmer, it looks wonderful! It's such an elegant and subtle card for holdays, so different from the usual bright reds & greens... and I love it!!

Maureen said...

oh, wow!!!! What have you done with Aimes? LOL What soft and yummy colours!!! But you know I love them!!! I'm calling this one for my Christmas card ;) Perfect little bow and fabulous humongous snowflake...we are supposed to get snow as well...I have to go down one big hill, then up another big one to work...but next year, if all goes well, I'll be living in the subdivision where I work!! yippee!! Then it will be "ski out!" lol yay, it's the weekend...we'll soon enough for me :)

Lynn said...

Aimes, this is so soft and subtle and stunning at the same time. Love the flourish...one of my all time favorite stamps! Stay warm with the cold weather coming!!

Debby said...

Love that lilac and ice blue together. Very wintery and in keeping with the weather here too!

~amy~ said...

oooh....such a pretty take from the inspiration.....happy thursday!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Your card does not indicate to me that you have ANY trouble with Christmas cards! I love all the shimmer and soft, subtle colors that you used. Just an all around beautiful card my dear!

Ann said...

Oooh, love the soft colors, the swirls, and the shimmer! Gorgeous, Aimes!

Diane Jaquay said...

SO pretty! Love all the white with just a "touch" of color :)

Katiejane said...

Oh, now that is sooo classy Aimes. It screams out elegance and I love your strategically placed gems! Gorgeous.
If the rest of your Xmas cards are like this, you have no probs!
Hugs, Katie x

Jean Martin said...

This is so lovely! I love that snowflake and the flourish! :)

Karen B. said...

So beautiful and elegant! Love the shimmer, I can see it!

Christine Blain said...

Awful at making Christmas cards??!! Oh, puh-lease!! This is heavenly. You are so wonderfully talented, Aimes.

Cammie said...

Swoon! Soft, shimmery, swirly superbness! Aimes,stay warm and safe this weekend.

Dana said...

Oh, the soft colors and glimmer make it such an elegant card! Love that big snowflake on here - I kinda forgot I even have that in my stash as well.
Ice and snow? We're supposed to get it too this very weekend... ugh! I think that also means no more excuses for me to procrastinate on the holiday cards ;o) Stay save and warm! Dana x

Sally Atkins said...

Oh this is stunning Aimes! I adore the snowflake and the subtle flourish. A truly elegant Christmas card for a lucky someone! x

Sue Kohler said...

Awful at making christmas card- hardly!! I love the subtle colours, the flourish is a magical touch, may need to case this one myselt-lol!!

Amy said...

Love the soft colors together especially that lilac color! I recently bought some shimmer cardstock too and LOVE it!

Alex said...

WOW: This Christmas card is beautiful Aimes, love the soft colours and layout :) Hope you and your family are doing well and you're getting a little organised for Christmas!

I've left you a little something on my blog x

Have a good week.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Inkyfingers said...

Aimes, this is sooooo pretty. I love the soft colours and the flourish is just gorgeous.
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Carol x

Laurie said...

OH so pretty! That shimmer paper is too cool! Love it!

Andrea M said...

So pretty Aimes!!!! Love that shimmery cardstock - makes a perfect snowflake! What beautiful, soft colors too!

Julie said...

Love this, so soft and pretty. Love that big giant snowflake!

Terri said...

Very soft and pretty. Love the lavender and blue together too.

Belinda said...

Yay for shimmer! :) Loving that snowflake die!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.