Sunday 8 November 2009

Remember...

Hey,

Another weekend draws to a close...I haven't had much of a chance to get inky as on Saturday I went to Birmingham NEC to the Hobbycrafts Fair! I shopped 'til I'd spent up! I kid you not, I'd spent up by aisle 3 LOL!

Today's creation is for Remembrance Sunday. I always find Remembrance Sunday a very poignant time, stirring a mix of emotions. Truly grateful and thankful for the people who gave up their today for our tomorrow, whilst at the same time very sombre. I was especially sad at the fact that this year saw the first ceremony without a British World War One veteran . It's like a piece of history has disappeared...

So in order to promote Remembrance Sunday, I decided to use with my PTI Remember set today. I kept the colours very patriotic. I like this combo though I was very close to adding a splash of Ripe Avocado. But as you can tell, I was determined to stick to the colours of our flag. If I play with this colour combo again, I'll definitely add some Ripe Avocado though - it looked super!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Remember
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Stampers Select White, Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Basics
Ink: Memento
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Pure Poppy Button, White Ribbon Twine, White Ribbon (stash), Pure Poppy Saddle Stitched Ribbon, Promarkers, White Gel Pen
, Rounded Corner Punch

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope to back soon. That is, after I try to find space to fit the goodies I treated myself to on Saturday! Don't tell Chris, but I think we might need to move again for more space for this obsession hobby of mine! LOL!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

15 comments:

Ann said...

That's too funny--I was just telling Kevin we need a bigger house for all our stuff! :D Your card is wonderful btw!

Maureen said...

How beautiful, Aimes :) I think it's sad too that there are very few WW 1 veterans...if any now. It is the end of the era for sure. But I think it means we still remember but also remember that there are others who are still fighting, but for different reasons unfortunately. Love that you have "Remembrance Day" like us, although ours is on Wednesday and I'll have that day off smack in the middle of the week. Can't wait to see your new goodies...are you excited about the new PTI releases? I've learned to order the night of the release so as not to be disappointed about certain sets :)

Alex said...

Beautiful card Aimes, love the colours, layout and stamp set you've used for this.

Have a good week,

Alex x

Ted said...

Aimes, that's absolutely beautiful! And very stunning. Quite a tribute to those who sacrifice so much. :)

IamDerby said...

This is a very beautiful card! Love the images, I need to get that set out.

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous, thoughtful card Aimes :) That is so sad, isn't it? But as long as we hold Remembrance Day, they will never be forgotten. My grandfather is a WWII veteran and he and his remaining squadron get together every year for this occasion.

Vanessa said...

Oh, beautiful! I bet you had a tough time not adding any green! lol The design is fabulous! Sshh, won`t tell Chris, if you won`t tell my husband about my PTI order I am going to place this month:)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Emma said...

I really do love this card Aimes, especially the look with the circle tag - really clever :D

BethieJ said...

Aimes this is BEAUTIFUL!! Sounds like a fun time at the HobbyCrafts Fair..Gotta love new GOODIES!!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful card Aimes!

Jessica said...

Beautiful card, lovely sentiment. So thoughtful!

anya said...

Aimes, this is a fantastic card. I love the layout you used and the colors are really striking together.

Cammie said...

What a lovely, thoughtful card. I bet ripe avocado looks stunning with those colors. Glad you had a fun shopping adventure. I need to clean out some drawers and do some craft reorganizing.

Terri said...

Great card! Nothing sad about it at all! Hope you have fun with your new stuff. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment too.

Nerdy Girl.... The Life of Linda said...

Congrats on making it to aisle 3 before running out of cash! ;)

Purely Stamping

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.