Sunday 15 November 2009

Happy Birthday, Cupcake!

Hey!

OK, slap my wrists, I'm a bad blogger! This week has been C.R.A.Z.Y! Super busy at work and super busy with family and stuff so I'm sorry the blog got a little abandoned this past week and I haven't had a chance to catch up with y'all round blogland yet! Oh and I came across a little book called Twilight this weekend, as recommended by Kate. I fear that I may not have time to craft anymore as I have a new obsession! Edward Cullen! OMG! I know a lot of you have already discovered it all, but I'm a newbie and in deep! So feel free to blame Kate for any lack of future posts from me ;D

Although I was busy, I did sneak in some crafty time as I needed to make a card for a bloggin' buddy's Birthday! My buddy shall remain anonymous (as requested!) but let me tell ya, I feel the pressure when making a card for a fellow crafter! Especially when they're so talented, I just pray they don't laugh at what I send and appreciate the gesture :0)

So thanks my lovely friend Kate, I had some cool images to play with. I didn't wanna go all PTI, I fancy a change every now and again. I particularly fancied colouring as it's something I love to do to relieve the stresses of the days and just be a kid again ;DSo a Bella image it was, and this image really suited the recipient in my opinion! This is the first easel card that I've made, and I have to say I love how simple they are to make and how fantastic they look! I've seen a lot of these around Blogland, they all look so different to your average card!
To add some scrummyness (Yes, I know that isn't a word!) I applied some glossy accents to the frosting on the cupcake. I have to confess, I was sooooo close to actually licking it LOL! IRL it looked delicious!

Card Recipe

Stamps: Stamping Bella Cuppacakeabella
Cardstock: PTI Sweet Blush/Aqua Mist Craftwork Cards Winter Wonderland
Accessories: Promarkers/Glossy Accents/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/PTI Swiss Dot Ribbon/Stickles/Large Eyelet/Cropadile Big Bite


OK gotta dash, not only is it a bloggin' buddy's Birthday today, it's also my nieces! I'm off to celebrate her 6th birthday - gosh where do the years go eh? I'll share the card I made for her soon! No surprises that it's another easel style card with lots of girlyness and lots of glitter!

Hope you have a super duper Sunday, and the intended recipient of this card has a fabulous birthday and is spoilt rotten - you know who you are ;D

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

17 comments:

Maureen said...

eek! I just licked my screen!! LOL Love the easel card...can you believe I don't think I've seen that particular style? Seen lots of tent ones but I love the way it stays open...will have to track a tutorial down:) Oh, I love Bellas!! I have several of them...it's a Canadian company and we didn't have to pay crazy shipping and customs!! LOL The paper is so fun and perfect for a birthday card :) Glad you survived your busy week...missed your cards :)

Andrea M said...

Wow Aimes! What a fantastic easel card - the cupcake looks delicious :) Love your coloring. Such pretty DP too. Love it!!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is so cute and very neat Aimes, I hope your friend and your niece have lovely birthdays. The years sure do fly :)

Alex said...

Beautiful card Aimes, love that cupcake with the glossy accents!

Looking forward to seeing your Niece's card too.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card I love it and that image is brill i am sure whoever it is for they will LOVE it

Mandy said...

Gorgeous easel card Amy, and that cake is deff good enough to eat!!

Mandy

~amy~ said...

such a super card Aimes!!! I love it!

Melissa said...

What a fun card and great colors! Your cupcake looks so yummy! HUGS!

Vanessa said...

ok, this card is super! These kind of stamps usually don`t appeal to me - but your card is fabulous!! Fantastic colouring!

Hugs,
Vanessa

AuroraDawn said...

Fantastic card Aimes, hope your friend and Niece had a lovely birthday ....

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

this card look so cute! and yes,the cupcakes look so yummy too! i love the glossy effect on the cupcake. =)
have a nice day aimes.

Kate Lewis said...

Fab card hun - I'm sure 'she' loved it ;) By the way, and it's not that I don't love you, but you do know that Edward Cullen is ALL MINE!! xx

Stephanie said...

Take no notice of madam above, Edward Cullen is clearly destined to be with me - neither of us sleep - EVER LOL

Well, I must say I absolutely love this card, the recipient must be a very, very, (very) special person to receive something so utterly gorgeous HAHA

Love you lots
Steph xxx

Alison said...

Oh wow - this is scrumminess incarnate! What a fab stamp, you've done it proud! And that cake is brill, gotta love Glossy Accents.

Welcome to the Twilght world! If you enjoyed Twilight, try googling 'Midnight Sun'. It's a part manuscript of twilight from Edward's perspective.
Will you be going to the flicks to see 'New Moon'? I've roped in a couple of chums to go, I can't wait! LOL
Alison x0x

Vicki said...

Oooow this is gorgeous!

Vicki x

Terri said...

Great job! Love the glossy effect on the cupcake too. The Easel card is on my list to try just have to find the time.

Ann said...

Ohhhhh my, Aimes, this is freakin' FAB!!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.