Saturday 21 November 2009

Birthday Princess!

Hey!

I dunno if it's because the "holidays are coming" (sung in the coca-cola style song!) but I'm just up to my eyeballs with stuff to do! So I'll apologise in advance if I seem M.I.A around Blogland in the future!

As promised, I'm sharing the card I made for my niece, Cora's 6th birthday last Sunday! She had a wonderful birthday with lots of cake and presents! I find it kinda funny that she still takes a good couple of hours to get used to Chris, unsure if she likes him or not, but then by the time we're leaving she's being a cheeky monkey and sneaking up behind him and tapping him then hiding from him! Chris has always been around for family occasions since she was born, but I guess she just isn't keen on the idea of sharing her Aunty Amy! LOL!

Anyways onto the card:

Apologies for the poor pic! Would you believe I took my usual 10 odd photos for this card but now I've come to upload it, my camera only recognises one pic with the most awful lighting! Well I've tried my best to make this look as good as I can, if you focus on all the sparkles it might detract you from the poor pic as a whole LOL!

I know, another easel card! I just love 'em! I haven't any more hidden around so I'll probably be back to my usual card style now in case you're wondering!

The princess is an image stamped for me by my wonderful friend, Kate! I'd been saving this one especially for my niece as it totally reminded me of her - the little princess that she is! I also blinged up some Grungeboard for the number 6 - it sparkles so much more IRL! I just ran it through my Xyron and covered it in glitter which reminded me once again why I hate working with fine glitter - I swear I've still found it in places you wouldn't believe a week later! ;D

You can't see on the pic, but the ribbon slider tab thingy says "Today". I took a good close up pic of it but it's lost with the rest of my pics in a void somewhere!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Image swap from the lovely Kate
Card: PTI Sweet Blush/Aqua Mist/Craftwork Cards Winter Wonderland DP
Accessories: Nesties/Cuttlebug/Grungboard/Xyron/Fine Glitter/Cuttlebug Ribbon Slider Die/Ribbon from Stash/Promarkers/Gems/Stickles/Doodlebug Lily White Transfer Alphabet

I'm hitting the town tonight for a friend's birthday drinks, so I dunno what state I'll be in tomorrow to find the time to craft, cook, clean and iron! (notice my priority ordering there!) One thing's for sure though, looks like I'm gonna need my umbrella tonight!

Hope y'all have a fab Saturday night, whatever you're doing!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

6 comments:

Emma said...

Hee hee those pesky glittery bits, reaching parts no other craft can reach.

Have a boogie for me tonight :D and feel proud of your beautiful card for your niece :D

xxxxx

Ali Watson said...

Super card, love it.

Maureen said...

LOL, I see we have the same priority list!! LOL We had a late date night last night, so my post is late too!! LOL LOVE your easel cards and was inspired to look up a tutorial on them...need to make one now!! But I just got the Making Memories Slice and need to play with it!! Have a wonderful Sunday crafting and that other stuff!! ;)

Alison said...

Aah, little girl cards, doncha love em! I'm with you about the glitter - it's astonishing where it gets to...

hope your night out was a good one, and that you're not suffering too much today, IYKWIM.
A big thanks for all your lovley comments on my blog - it always makes me smile when I read your messages.

Love, Alison xox

Alex said...

Fab easel card Aimes, I bet Cora loved it too!

Bye for now,

Alex x

Terri said...

Super cute. I bet she loved it. I especially like the number 6! Hope you had fun out on the town too.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.