Wednesday 22 July 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons....Grab the Gin!

Hey!

Phew I'm absolutely shattered! This week is going crazy for me! I'm shattered because I've just spent most of the day playing tour guide around Meadowhall for students from our school and my feet are so sore! Only one more day of school for me though until I can say I've broken up - woo hoo!! (In case you're wondering, I have Friday off as I have to take my Mum in for an operation - nothing serious btw!)

Just when I thought things were looking up, I've been told my little car is going to the Scrapyard in the Sky :o( I'm truly gutted! I know it's only metal but I loved my little Starbug so much and the thought of being dragged around car forecourts all of summer isn't that appealing to me! Oh well I know there's much worse things that could be happening so I'll stop my whinging, grab my gin and share a super project with you that I'm kinda proud of!

So y'know how I teased you in the last post with my Damask Design PTI paper? I can now reveal exactly what I used it for:
Ta-dah! I hope you like it!
I made this duo for my dear colleague Sarah who is moving onto brighter and better things. I loved working with Sarah - she's on my level and such a giggle (as well as amazingly talented working with the students) she really is a star and so I thought she deserved a personal send off from myself in true Aimes style!The card is based on the Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #74 over at Taylored Expressions.I just knew I had to use PTI Star Prints as Sarah is a superstar and the sentiments are just so fitting for her! Due to PTI stamp sets co-ordinating beautifully with one another I noticed a star with a Damask Design on it. This is what led me to go kinda crazy and stamp a whole page of Cardstock with my Damask Design stamp loaded with Raspberry Fizz ink!I love the Raspberry Fizz contrasting against the Smokey Shadow - it's not as bold as True Black but still bold enough for my liking!
I decorated the inside too (well you gotta when you use Smokey Shadow as your card base!)
On top of the card - I had picked up a couple of fun gifts for Sarah for her new job and knew I wanted to present them to her in a different way. I measured the gifts and created this little holder - it fastens with Velcro by the way.
The gifts are also attached using Velcro so she didn't have to tear the card when wanting to wear her badge with pride (It says 'Dancing Queen' if you can't quite make it out!). I won't even tell you what she thought the lipstick was at first (hint: you could find it at Ann Summers...) but then she realised it's a pen! I mean, seriously, what kinda gal does she take me for? LOL!Sarah loved it and nearly got tearful but managed to hold it together (as I did the same!) If you're reading this Sarah - you really are a superstar and I'll miss ya loads *mwah!*

Card & Gift Holder Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated!
Stamps: Star Prints, Damask Designs
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, White (from stash)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Raspberry Fizz Polka Dot Ribbon, Raspberry Fizz Vintage Button, Velcro

Well that's all from me for now - I've now run out of my stamped damask cardstock but I certainly had lots of fun playing with it!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

19 comments:

Melanie said...

Ohh..this is gorgeous! I LOVE this color combo. Well, actually, I love any color with Smokey Shadow...but this one especially!!

Ann said...

Eeee!!! This project is absolutely FABULOUS in every way! Love, love, love it! You rock, girl!

Emma said...

I am in awe of your truly amazing gift for goodness and your brilliant crafting ability. This is going straight to No.1 on the Aimes top ten creative smashers.

I am blown away, not only with the creativity that goes into such a thoughtful gift but your humblessness about the fact that you are truly gifted.

(gush fest over)

Emma x

Alex said...

WOW Aimes what beautiful projects, the card and gift holder are fantastic. The colour combo is striking and the PTI goodies are lovely. Too clever :)

Enjoy your last day tomorrow.

Alex x

Kim said...

Fabulous project! I love the color combination and the use of the Damask designs with the star for a pretty girly look.

Julie said...

what a fantastic gift - I love the pink and black look - it's so gorgeous, what a thoughtful friend you are.
Only one more day to get through - you can do it!! then you've got all summer for crafting.
Hope everything goes well with your mum.
Take Care - Ju xxx

Sarah B said...

Wow, you've been busy, Love the projects you have been creating lately, Hugs Sarah b x

Stephanie said...

Wow wee, you've really excelled yourself this time Aimes - these are fabulous!

I would like to echo Emma's gush fest lol

Big hugs
Steph xxx

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous work!!! Love that damask!

Liz said...

Beautiful card and package!

Cammie said...

I love the damask design on the star. The colors are sophisticated glamour. What a lovely gift!

memory-scrap said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Aimes, what a lucky friend. That paper is brill and it has all been so thoughtfully done. I would have loved to see her face working out that lipstick LOL, hey, maybe there is a market for giftboxing 'those' types of presents!!! just imagine what the paperstock would look like ;) Take care, Jane xx

Heidi said...

What a gorgeous project!!!! It is fantastic and I bet she was so pleased to get it! Great job!!!

Kara said...

Beautiful projects. What a thoughtful gift!
Kara

Alex said...

Aimes,

I have a little something on my blog for you.

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Vicki said...

Oh Wow, what a beautiful gift, I bet Sarah was delighted with it, colours are fab!

Vicki x

Kate Lewis said...

Just stunning hun! I I bet you didn't want to cut into your card once you'd stamped the damask with raspberry fizz - it's so pretty! I ADORE the gift you made your pal (and you did make me giggle about what she thought it was lol!!)

So sorry to hear about your car, I'd be devastated too... hope the gin took the edge off :) K xx

Vanessa said...

I love your projects! So beautiful! You rock, I signed in!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alison said...

Wowser - that is seriously GORGEOUS! I love the star prints and it looks so fab stamped in that colour!
LOL about the lipstick pen - just as well you told her what it really was!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.