Sunday 19 July 2009

Super Soggy Sunday...

Hey!

Well what a super soggy Sunday we're having here in Sheffield today! All the more reason to stay indoors and get stuck into some crafting!

I've been SUPER busy today crafting and have created a complete tip in the process! Honestly, I daren't actually even attempt to go into my crafting corner - I've taken over the whole room! Do you find this happens even when creating just one innocent card and one little gift holder?

Anyways I can't post what I've made today should the intended recipient see it, so you'll just have to wait! Though I can post this little teaser:
I've been creating my own PTI designer paper with the gorgeous Damask Designs stamp set. It was soooo much fun to do and I thought this sheet would last me a few projects but it's so scrummy that I've used it all up today! The yellow foam is what I use underneath my card to stamp on btw, it usually gives really good results when stamping with acrylic stamps.

However, one thing I can share with you today in full is a card that I was commissioned to make by my colleague. It's for a student at school who is recovering after an operation.

Well cue the cupcakes; I never thought I'd get so much use out of a get well stamp set LOL!

I wanted to keep the card pretty simple - I was having to make this late one night after work as I was away from home for the next night and it was required for the day after! I can't do complicated after work - my brain just needs to chillax and the best therapy for that is good ol' colouring! I'm not sure if you can tell, but I applied Glossy Accents to the balloons and the cherry on top of the cuppie. It really does shine IRL!

I did stamp a lovely sentiment inside as well as another little cuppie (I couldn't resist!) but in my haste to take a pic (early in the morning, before work, once the glossy accents had dried) I forgot to take a pic of it - D'oh! Oh well I'm hoping the student likes it anyways!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Taylored Expressions-Doctor's Orders
Ink: Memento Black
Card: Bazzill dotted swiss - pirouette, DCWV Bright Mat pack, White (from stash!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Promarkers, Glossy Accents, Ribbon (a bargain from Hobbycrafts at 49p!), Button (PTI), White Twine (PTI)

Well I guess I can't put it off any longer - I really must tackle that bombshell of a mess I've created! Chris is due home in an hour and I've really gotta get the place looking more like I've been a domestic goddess rather than chaotic crafter - eeek!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

8 comments:

Emma said...

Well I would rather be a crafting godess than a domestic one anyday. If in doubt chuck it all in a box and put a throw over it lol!

That's the great thing about PTI they look amazing as backgrounds and yours is shaping up to be fabby. What can I say about cuppy - I love him so and that bargin ribbon is delish.

Not long now until freedom - take care ;D

Alex said...

Love the tease Aimes and can't wait for you to reveal what you've made :)

Cute cupcake Get Well card, you certainly have had your money's worth with that stamp set. Bow is beautiful!

Great job :)

Have a good week.

Alex x

Monica Gale said...

Oh sweet Aimes you can never call any of your work simple, you have a great talent of making one piece of card stock look amazing, love that little guy and I cannot wait to see what you ve used that lush background for. Hugs M xxx

Ann said...

Ohhh, that cuppie card is TOO stinkin' cute!!!

Stephanie said...

Just too too cute Aimes!

I love that Damask design set - it creates the most fabulous backgrounds - can't wait to see what you've made with it - make sure you share with us as soon as you can!

BTW - when's the best time to ring for a chat? Hugs xxx

IamDerby said...

That little cuppie is so cute! I never clean my mess... until it gets so bad I cant see my table or we have company coming. It drives my husband crazy.

Julie said...

Aimes, I love this card - it's so cute [I also happen to be a bit of a cupcake lover], the damask design looks great - cant wait to see what your creating with it.
I agree with Emma - just pop it all in a box a few mins before your hubbie gets home - that way you get extra crafting time and he'll never know ;D
Take Care - Julie xxx

memory-scrap said...

Aimes, I'm sure the recipient of your cupcake card will be over the moon, it's so cute. I can't get over that printed paper, it's so neat, if I was doing that they would be all over the place!! I'm a messy crafter too, it's the best way (until tidy up time that is), then I shove it all into a big suitcase and stow it away in one of the rooms of the house that my other half doesn't go in! (Along with all the shopping he doesn't know about LOL!!!) Jane xx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.