Sunday 12 July 2009

Sewing....with Thread!!!!

Hey!

Well I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend! Mine has been busy, busy, busy - I've no idea where the time went!

I spent a lovely Saturday with Chris' family. We went out for a meal to celebrate his birthday (slightly belated I know!) and had lots to eat and drink! By the time we got home it was late so I had no time to craft or even boot the PC...

So today (after doing all those horrid houseworky chores you gotta do) I finally got onto the PC and have been drooling ever since at PTI's monthly countdown! If you haven't already - you gotta check it out! There's some AMAZING sets to tempt me to part with my pennies for LOL!

I've also managed to play in my crafting corner, crack open and christen a new stamp set. Seems strange that just as I'm opening my new PTI goodies a new release is just days away - it's like the buzz never ends LOL! Admittedly I've just used the one sentiment from this set but I do aim to use it a lot more - I'm loving it!

As I'm well behind on the Inspirations and Themes Challenges on ILWS as set by the wonderful Kate (see last week's posts for excuses!) I figured that I had to play catch up. So this card is for Challenge No.22 which was to get inspiration from this pic:
Ooooh I just love strawberries and that dress is just adorable! It fitted in perfectly with Wimbledon which was on at the time, I'm guessing Wimbledon is what may have inspired Kate to pick it!

So my mind got thinking, I really wanted to have strawberries (not only to eat!) to feature on my card somewhere but I don't have any strawberry stamps. So late one night as I was trying to sleep, EUREKA! I'll make my own strawberries using my heart-shaped paper punch!

The next day I made the strawberries but then life's hectic routine got in the way and they were put to the side until today that is....I hope you like it! Have you noticed the stitching? Yup, not only did I use my sewing machine, I used it WITH THREAD!!!! I know the stitching's wonky and I really do need some practise but I'm kinda happy with the result. I'll confess that the ribbon through the button is completely stolen from one of Kate's amazing PTI creations and not my own idea, but it beats spending hours trying to tie the perfect bow and I love the result! Sorry Kate!
This card is going to my dear Sis-in-law who rescued me on that horrid day when I realised that sneezing and driving is a dangerous combination! She's like a sister I never had - she's always there for me no matter what pickle I get myself into LOL!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Star Prints (Sentiment)
Ink: Pure Poppy
Card: Sweet Blush, Bitty Dot Basics (Sweet Blush), Vintage Cream, Clover Leaf (Bazzill Dotted Swiss)
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Heart Paper Punch, Button (White & Cream Mix), Vintage Cream Ribbon (Luxe Satin), White Gel Pen,

Well that's another weekend gone! Only 5 working days until the next one, and only 10 working days until I break up for Summer - woo hoo!!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

7 comments:

AuroraDawn said...

OH WOW, Well worth the wait, it's beautiful Aims - love the sewing - I really must get my machine out more often

AD
xXx

Ann said...

OMG, this is adorable! I love fruity cards, and your berries turned out great! I really love them paired with pink.

Ohhhh, have you seen the new Button Bits set from PTI??? AND the new blue?! My wallet's gonna be in trouble!

Emma said...

You are such a clever girly - those strawberries are delicious ;D
Your stitching is brilliant and it's not wonky - it's rustic and you meant it to be that way hee.

Counting down with you now, it means onyl 10 more working days that I have to drag my sorry butt up the big hill to take my son to school.

Take care x

memory-scrap said...

I've just been checking out your site and post history and only wish I'd come on here before!! I too have an electric guitar playing 'other half'... in fact my craft room is also his music room! Your cards are really sweet and I'm glad it's not only me that goes to bed thinking about craft stuff... although really it's maybe not what girls of a certain age should be thinking about at bedtime ;) Can't wait to keep up with all your future projects
Jane x

B said...

This is adorable! :) Love love love the sewing you did! Absolutely stunning!

Stephanie said...

Just beautiful & your stitching is perfect :) Your sis-in-law sounds like a darling, you're lucky to have her (& she you!) Lots of love Steph xxx

Deb S. said...

So totally cute and I love your stitching!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.