Monday 27 July 2009

Cutting it Close!

Hey!

Happy Monday! I'm particularly happy as I don't have to go to work today - hurrah! Now don't get used to me posting this early (I'll most probably be in dreamland most mornings at this hour!) but I just gotta post this so early because I'm entering the current and soon to be ending A Passion For Papertrey challenge and the deadline is like in an hour!! OMG how close can I cut it eh?!

The current challenge is/was to create a masterpiece using one of Lauren's Timeless Templates. I'm not that confident at making 3-D objects, I usually like to measure what I'm giving and kinda design a template myself (I swear I have a man's brain with my good sense of direction and logic but not much else LOL!)

I actually started the project on Saturday but then went out at night (see previous post) and had a fab time! I know you're all thinking I was probably too hungover to complete it early enough on Sunday to photograph it but I promise I wasn't! Actually I was out car shopping and I've found a replacement for my lil' Starbug (R.I.P ickle brum) so I'm really pleased that things seem to be looking up a little and I might not be needing so much gin after all LOL!

Anyways back to the papercrafting! I finished this late on Sunday on a very wet and miserable day so the chances of getting a decent photo of it were slim to none. Therefore I've photographed it early this morning.
I chose the Recipe Wrap-Up template as it looked kinda interesting. I've made boxes and the like before but this looked kinda different and best of all, the template was at a price I like: FREE!
I know they're definitely not the colours I'd normally work with, but I think my subconscious picked them as I'm off to the seaside next week; Abersoch to be precise and I'm kinda excited as it's been years since I've been to the seaside! Hopefully the colours may tempt the sun to come and play too - y'never know!I have to say the template was so easy to use, just printed it out onto PTI cardstock and I was away! The hardest part has to be deciding what to put in the pockets...hmmm...well I asked Chris but he wasn't much help and just suggested they should be called "Pockets of Love" - what a softie! Now love for me involves chocolate so I think that chocolate may well be the contents of at least 5 pockets along with a coordinating card in the 6th pocket.Now I'll be damned if I could get that yarn to tie nicely for me so I decided to just knot the yarn and apply some Velcro dots to secure it shut. Velcro is fast becoming my friend in these 3-D projects; it's so easy to just stick on a dot than spend hours trying to tie a perfect bow only for it to be undone by the recipient!

Anyways I hope you like it and I hope I've managed to enter it in time for the challenge ladies! If not, well it was fun making it anyway!

Template Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated
Stamps: Star Prints, Around & About Sentiments
Ink: Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Kraft (from Stash), Spring Rain Bitty Dot Basics, White (from Stash)
Accessories: Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Brads (from stash), White Vintage Button, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Velcro Dots

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Very cute Aimes! I love the colors you used. I really like the pockets of love, you should put some chocolate in them LOL!

Vanessa said...

This is fab!! I wish my printer wasn`t dead... Love the stars and the colors you chose!

Hugs,
Vanessa

memory-scrap said...

Oh Aimes, that is gorgeous. I love the colours and the little pockets of love (!) are perfect for putting chocolate in ( I haven't yet found anything that isn't perfect for putting a bit of chocolate in, mind you!!) Your projects are always brill and I look forward to checking your blog for updates daily! Love Jane xx

Alex said...

Love it Aimes, liking the colour combo too :)

Have a good day.

Alex x

Stephanie said...

I wanna come along to the seaside with you!!

Aimes, you know you don't HAVE to join in don't you? lol BUT boy am I glad you did - MAGNIFICENT my dear!

I love the originality & the daring combinations - big triumph :)

Luv ya lots
Steph xxx

Emma said...

Yay Aimes just in time and liar, liar pants on fire - you can do 3D projects. This is stunning and I am notjust being nice - it really is gorgeous. Beautiful colour combination, fresh and striking. Pretty detail with the liitle ribbon loop tabs on the inside.

Here's to a wonderful start of the SUMMER HOLIDAYS - yippee!

Emma xx

~amy~ said...

gorgeous project!! The colors are absolutely delish!

Ann said...

SO fun and fab! I love the colors!

Julie said...

What a great project -It's just gorgeous - I love the colours you've used and who said you couldnt do 3D projects!!!
Fingers crossed for sunshine for you.
Take Care - Julie xx

Cammie said...

Oh this is so bright and cheery! And with chocolate in the pockets, it's perfection. I hope you have a great summer break.

anya said...

I love this! I think your colors are fantastic .. love the bit of bitty box paper you used for the front. Great job!

B said...

Love the fun colors and how they're so cheery! Have a great break!

Maile Belles said...

Very nice, love the colors!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.