Sunday 5 July 2009

A Challenging Challenge....

Hey!

So sorry that I've been away for a while! My excuses are (in no particular order):

1. Work
2. Poorly Car (Which I've still had no news about yet *Grrr*!)
3. Wimbledon (Oh Murray, so close yet so far! There's always next year I guess!)
4. Wimbledon Final (OMG what a match - I thought I was going to have to call in work sick to see this one finish!)

My mojo has gone AWOL recently (due to the above excuses) but I was so happy to receive some new PTI goodies to play with! There's nothing like new PTI goodies to get that mojo into gear and a Raspberry Suite Color Challenge and A Passion For Papertrey Challenge to get some inspiration!

This week's colours for the Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #11 are:
What a mix eh? This really was a challenging challenge to say the least! So many bright clashing and contrasting colours that I thought I was going to get a migraine working with them all together!

I knew I could easily incorporate the current A Passion for Papertrey Challenge within this card as the challenge is to use buttons. Well I just love buttons so it just comes naturally to stick a button on a card LOL!

Anyways, after some long decisions and paracetamol this is what I came up with:

Hope you like it! I think the trick was to focus on one colour and just add slight elements of the others. I always thought that red would clash horrendously with pink, which made me think of using red ink rather than red cardstock. It's slightly more subtle which I like.

It's not all exclusively PTI stash on there; the grey card is from my own stash (I'm yet to own any Soft Stone PTI Cardstock, though I'm sure it'll work it's way into my possession soon!)

Card Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated
Stamps: Damask Designs
Ink: Poppy Red
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, True Black, Grey (from Stash)
Accessories: True Leaf Topnotch Twill, Black Button (Basic Grey), Martha Stewart Border Punch

That's all I have for now...but I'm sure I'll be back soon. The best way to get out of the Wimbledon Blues is to keep busy in my crafting corner!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

19 comments:

Emma said...

Wow - wee Aimes, I love this saucy little number with it's come into my boudoir look - amazing ;D and if I don't blinken well see this in one of this little squares on Dawns blog I will write in and complain hee hee

Have fun :D

Monica Gale said...

ooh gorgeous card Aimes, I think you worked those colours perfectly, a winner for sure. M xxx

~amy~ said...

wowza...absolutely gorgeous!

Jane said...

Awesome! love it!

Ann said...

Fantastic card, Aimes! I love it!

Hope your card troubles get worked out soon!

Babies-Beth said...

Love the pink and Red! Great idea to stamp with the red instead of useing cs!

Chris said...

Love that red on pink - stunning! You got them all in without white - well done you!

Helen F. said...

Ohhh how pretty ~ and simply elegant!

Winter said...

So pretty! I really love the pink cs with the red damask on top, never would have thought of that, very clever! :)

Julie said...

Hi Aimes,
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, I've just been having a look around yours, your designs are beautiful and very stylish. What a super talented lady you are. I cant wait to see what you create next.
Take Care and have a great week.
Julie xxx

Daniela F. said...

I'm wowed that somebody (=you) managed not to throw in some white or cream and make the card a stunner nevertheless. Fantastic job!!

Maggi said...

I love the red and pink together!

Karen said...

New PTI goodies can always get me in the mood to craft! Love Dawn's Damasks on your card! :>

Vanessa said...

Oh, you used the colors so well!! I didn`t know what to do with them, I skipped this one!

Hugs
Vanessa

Tina Spohn said...

This card with the lovely color is hot. Very beautiful. :)

Hugs, Tina

AuroraDawn said...

Wow, my fav - This HAS to be one of Dawns fav's too ;0) that button really makes it ...

Dawn
xXx

Alison said...

I looked at that colour challenge and thought 'eek!' but you've rocked the challenge! Love the red ink on the pink CS, very cool.

Stephanie said...

What a STUNNING card hun, I adore it!

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments on Nicole's blog - luv ya too!!

Hope everything sorts itself out soon, hugs, Steph XOXO

Janelle said...

Nice card! I like the way the black shows through the bright pink border punched edge. Stunning card.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.