Friday 10 July 2009

Birthday Boy... or should that be man?!

Hey!

Another week done - only 2 more until I get to break up for summer, WOO HOO!!!! I can't wait until I'll be able to spend a lot more of my lazy summer days crafting away!

Just before I start this post I thought I'd share some good new with y'all....my little car is going to be patched up!!! YAY! I'm SO happy, I just love my car and I can't wait to be reunited with my lil' Starbug soon! At last, my luck is picking up a little! Thank you so much to all of you who sent your best wishes about my 'bump' (Edited to add: I mean CAR bump, no other kinda bump...Emma! LOL) - it means a lot as I was feeling rather down in the dumps about it all...

Anyways, the title of this post is the reason that I'm sharing today's card with you. It was my dear boyfriend's (Chris') birthday yesterday! He's starting to let his age get to him a little (he's the same age as me now - 27) whereas I just tend to act my shoe size, he worries that he's a step closer to 30. It's only a number isn't it?!?

Anyways cue another challenging masculine card eh?

I would love to say I was organised and had his card ready well before his special day, but....well....erm....I wasn't LOL! I was up until the early hours of his birthday making this card - on a school night might I add! I know it looks kinda simple and it would take minutes to rustle up if I had to make it again, but I can just never seem to make a quick decision when starting from scratch! I debated over colours, images, papers, layout etc for AGES!Well it had to be a guitar or something IT related (he's a self confessed geek - bless him!) so the guitar it was - he totally rocks on it though he doesn't say so himself! I love to listen in on him playing whilst pottering around - wish I had that much talent!Anyways back to the card...it's mainly full of PTI goodies and check out my paper piercing! All done courtesy of my new toy - a sewing machine! Now let me be the first to confess I CANNOT SEW! I treated myself to this little machine in the hope of stitching on some of my creations - I love to see stitching on card and have only used a white gel pen in the past. Fortunately my mum gave me a crash-course on how to use the thing so now I can 'attempt' some stitches. Note on this card there's no thread, I just wanted to pierce the card (Translation: OK I was too much of a wuss to attempt trying to thread the machine but I will soon!)

Chris loved his card, as well as his presents (Including the ultimate geek accessory - a binary watch. It looks very cool but I'll be dammed if I can tell the time on it LOL!)

Card Recipe
Stamps: PTI Around & About Sentiments, Inkadinkado Rock Star Clear Set
Ink: PTI New Leaf
Card: PTI Vintage Cream & Ripe Avocado, PTI's Bitty Box Basics (Ocean Tides)
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Button (Basic Grey), PTI New Leaf Topnotch Twill Ribbon & Rustic Cream Button Twine

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to craft a bit this weekend but I'm away celebrating Chris' birthday with his family so we'll have to wait and see...

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

6 comments:

Alison said...

Great card, love the guitar stamp and the greeting with the button. I've no idea what a binary watch is, but, hey, as long as he likes it!
Glad to hear you'll soon be reunited with your car.

Kate Lewis said...

Aw, fab news about your car, so pleased for you - how's your huge left calf lol!! This card totally rocks!! What a cool stamp and check out that paper piercing, what a great idea... looking forward to seeing some real sewing now lol - you can do it, seriously if I can you definately can!!

I'm exactly the same when it comes to making a card by the way - when I look at the finished result can't believe it took me so long to make it, too much time faffing around!

Have a fun weekend and catch up soon!

Hugs Kate xx

Ann said...

This is one rockin' masculine card (yes, pun intended!). Totally cool! Have a great weekend and happy belated to your guy!

Emma said...

Hey Aimes,

I gotta stop reading these things when I'm sleepy. All I read was thank you for the wishes about my bump!!??!!!!. and thought is she letting us know gently that she's wink, wink, nugde, nudge LOL

Such a cool card though and your BF is a musician - how dreamy. He'll have to come up with some song titles for my posts hee hee. I love that PTI colour and pattern and as ever your card is so sophisticated. Have a fun weekend, don't get too sloshed ;D

peggysue said...

This is a great card, I like your color choices. Sewing machine is on my wish list, I'm thinking making it tops for Christmas.

Alex said...

Great card Aimes, love the detail of the paper piecing and colour combo. I bet Chris loved it :)

Have a good week.

Alex x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.