Tuesday 12 May 2009

Just What The Doctor Ordered

Hey!

Phew! What a crazy day at work! Soooooo much stuff going off that I'm finding it hard to remember to breathe in and out LOL!

Anyways, after my crazy day I came home to find a nice little package containing a little something to help me de-stress. I just had to have this stamp set (Doctor's Orders) from Taylored Expressions - it's sooooooo cute! (Acutally it's a belated Easter gift from my bf!)

I'm pretty sure that any doctor would order me to stamp after the day I've had LOL! So by being good and following doctor's orders, I've had a little stamp (which is a rarety during the working week!) and a play and this is just a little something I came up with:

Nothing super duper but for a 15min job I'm kinda liking it! The card was based on this sketch from the Jen Del Muro Saturday Sketch.

I'm hoping to have a proper play this weekend with this set. That is, after a 9mile walk I'm doing to raise funds for Breast Cancer! (A charity really close to my heart after losing both family and friend in the last year to the illness.) My friends have decided we all need to make a material corsage with pink in it somewhere so we feel a 'group identity'! I'm actually panicking slightly at the prospect of me trying to sew - I did consider cheating and making a paper one (after all, I do consider myself a paper-crafter!) but then if it rains it'll be all soggy! Oh well, whatever I create I'll be sure to post it here for a giggle LOL!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Taylored Expressions - Doctor's Orders, Papertrey Ink - Around & About Sentiments
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Card/Paper: K and Co - Amy Butler, Belle Matt Pad
Accessories: Promarkers, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Button (Basic Grey), Twine (IKEA), Paper Crimper

Thanks for visiting - I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

P.S Check the out the link in my sidebar to some scrumptious Birthday Blog Candy courtesy of Dawn! x

7 comments:

Emma said...

A big squeel of excitement has just gone up over here in my little crafty corner when I saw your card. I love, love, love these stamps and your card is too gorgeous & cute for words.

Phew calmed down a bit now lol

Speak soon x

Alex said...

Love the cute card Aimes, you did a good job and only in 15 mins - wow :)

Can't wait to see more creations with this stamp set when you find time for a play at the weekend.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Kate Lewis said...

love love LOVE it!!!! I have a few of these TE stamp sets and they're so fun! I'm thinking about getting the man set she released with this one (a good golf image which will be handy!) I adore the colours you've used - sure to cheer up someone who's feeling under the weather!

You're a star to do the walk - could I sponsor you? Let me know how, can just send a cheque if you want - such a great cause. Good luck with it! Hugs K xxx

Alison said...

Oh cute, cute, cute!
Lovely colouring and those cuppies have made the cutest card!! Gorgeous!

Alison said...

PS, forgot to make this suggestion for the 'corsage' - what about pink ribbon roses? You could just use torn strips of fabric instead of ribbon to be economical? Nicci posted this on her blog
http://thesecretworldofacraftaholic.blogspot.com/2009/02/as-promised.html
Hope this might be helpful, Alison, xx

debbi taylor said...

You are so lovely your comments always make me smile x x x - I'm doing race for life, lost my mum 15yrs ago this year to cancer - nasty illness! i love the card you made so bright and cheery - have a great weekend and hope you get to play x

Ann said...

Those cuppies are SO cute! I love the colors and crimping, too!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.