Sunday 26 April 2009

Aaaargh another man card!

Hey!

I hope you're all having a fab weekend, the weather managed to hold for the weekend - hurrah!

This weekend was my Dad's birthday, in fact it was his 70th though he certainly doesn't look 70 (I'm hoping I've inherited his genes for aging LOL!)

So another dreaded 'man card' to make! I'd been putting it off until I couldn't put it off any more (e.g his actual birthday!) and immersed myself in my crafting corner. After 4 hours - I kid you not! This is what I came up with:


It's certainly not worthy of 4 hours work but I must have spent 3 hours out of the 4 making much needed cuppas and pondering what I was going to do!

Fortunately I had some stamped images from a swap that really suited my dad (Thanks Alison!) he's an avid gardener. I didn't really want to stick a huge 70 on the front - I wanted to focus more on the main images. You can't tell on the pic but the sentiment says "Best Wishes", it's much clearer IRL!


If you've never taken part in an image swap I recommend it. It's a really cool way to get some images that you may never have thought of playing with before. Plus it's a great justification to use that stamp set that you 'needed' but haven't cracked open yet! It's also very handy in emergencies such as this one LOL! I get very excited when I know some images are going to pop through the post for me to play with!

For a finishing touch I decided to distress the edges with distress ink. I really like the effect this gives - especially for male cards. I do think I went slightly overboard with it on the top section of the card though!

My Dad really like his card anyway - though he did need his specs to read it Bless!

Card Recipe
Stamps: From a swap (Alison can you remember ?!)
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Card: Double Sided DP from COSTCO
Accessories: Promarkers, Die-cut Sentiment from Craftwork Cards, Brown Ribbon (Poached from Choccies), 3-D Foam Pads


Finally, I played along with the 'A Passion for Papertrey' blog. I really enjoy the challenges both Steph & Kate create, it really gets my brain ticking and encourages me to use up my crafting goodies so I can purchase more LOL!

I confess I did make this card earlier (Wednesday) but I really wanted the intended recipient to receive the card before I posted it up here. I really hope it's been received as I posted it first class on Thurs, really sorry if it's not!

I loved making this card! I love playing with my PTI goodies, I know I keep babbling on about them but they're just AMAZING in quality! Such sturdy card and dp and the stamps - even though they're clear - give such a crisp image with the palette inks!

Card Recipe
All PTI Unless Stated!
Stamps: Around & About Sentiments, Inkadinkado - Delicate Branches
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Memento - Tuxedo Black
Card: Raspberry Fizz, Bitty Dots Basic Ripe Avocado, Kraft-coloured Card - The Paper Mill Shop,
Accessories: Ripe Avocado Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Pink Gem - Hero Arts, Corner Punch

Just one more thing, I owe a HUGE thank you to Emma for nominating me for a blog award! It's the same one Alison nominated me for so I've already passed it on. Being nominated twice meant the size of my cheesy grin was twice as big LOL! If you haven't checked out Emma or Alison's blog then what are you waiting for?! Alison is very skilled with her Copics and Emma has created some AMAZING projects!

Right then that's enough babbling for now, thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

10 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

I can officially say your Papertrey card is even more yummy in the flesh than in the picture!!! Thank you again, I love it!

Your card for your dad is great too - sounds totally like me, 4 cuppas and 3 hours to come up with ideas before I get going lol! But it was well worth it, you've truly cracked the 'man-card problem'!!

Thanks for joining in the challenge! Big hugs, Kate xxxxxxxx

Alison said...

Aimes, you've done a great job with those images, they look great! Beautifully coloured and distressed, it's a lovely card. I agree, cards for men are tricky, but this is perfect.
And the PTI card is gorgeous too!

Alex said...

Love this card for your dad Aimes :) You did a great job on the cutting/colouring in and distressing.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Have a good week.

Alex x

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous PTI card Aimes - just stunning! Kate is a lucky girl :)

LOL it takes me hours to make Male cards too - & usually they end up in the bin & I go for a (whispers).... store bought...(don't tell anyone lol) xxx

Fiona said...

Lovely card - I love that bird stamp

Emma said...

Awh Aimes - you are the best for giving me a mention. All the new peeps visiting must from you.

A big soppy kiss & hugs for you hee hee.

Take care xx

Daniela F. said...

Making male cards is a nightmare for me - you did an awesome job with this!! Love the color combo and the bird stamp on your PTI card!

Stephanie said...

There's an award on my page for you Hun xxx

Anonymous said...

Very cute card, love the branch and the bird!! Thank you so much for the kind words :) I'll certainly join in the next challenge as well :) Greetings from Germany
Nina

Ann said...

Mmm, yummy card! Beautiful colors, and I love the polka dots and stamp you used!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.